• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pay for Time or Training?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Is the Alpine Air FO program PFT and/or a good way to build time/experience?

• This is just as lame as PFT

Votes: 137 68.5%
  • This is a great way to build time/experience

Votes: 29 14.5%
  • While the experience is good, the method is questionable

Votes: 34 17.0%

• Total voters
Nope! That was March 31st. I doubt I'll ever hate PFTers like some do on this forum especially if the PFTer has CFI experience. Some people are just gonna do what they have to do if luck hasn't come their way most likely knowing that it's an unwise gamble.
I want to see how far I can get doing it the affordable hard way! That way I'll never feel like a took an easy way out and can say "I least I tried." The area where I live is probably one of the worst areas to climb the ranks into pro aviation so some of my hope may be wishful thinking. We'll see.

mcjohn said:
I want to see how far I can get doing it the affordable hard way! That way I'll never feel like a took an easy way out and can say "I least I tried." The area where I live is probably one of the worst areas to climb the ranks into pro aviation so some of my hope may be wishful thinking. We'll see.
If you're the least bit enterprising and are willing to work hard, you might surprise yourself at how far you'll go . . . . and after you go that distance and encounter P-F-Ters, you'll understand why P-F-T is so loathed . . . . not to mention how you are not that far away from mins at some commuters.

Other places, we call them the Forum Archaeologists.
They're usually banned after resurrecting long-dead posts for no good reason.

rumpletumbler said:
From someone inexperienced I can definitely say that Blah blah blah... stuck yoke....blah blah blah...expect to be mistreated.
RT

I bet you put every bit of that 5 minute pattern in your logbook at .5 SIC jet. And you'd probably fly with that jackass again in a minute. That would be the difference between a whore and someone who has a little self respect.

Looordy! Where'd this thread come from?! Interesting that I just found it today after being off FI for a week or so. Funny to see my last post there. Well, I never PFT'd obviously and worked as a CFI for a little over a year and only gained 210 hours of dual given from it (part-time.) I just arrived at the Clarion at MKE for a an ACC interview in the morning. Now if I can just pass the sim check and the written my 520tt and 12 multi will have taken me a long way! DON"T PFT FOLKS!! It's not necessary. Shame on companies that expect to be paid for labor. I don't care what the industry demands or what it takes to get ahead. All you're doing when you PFT is buying a CEO, owner, or top manager a new car or something. If I don't get this job then I'm back to my trailer at the beach to tow some more banners and I'll head home in fall with the part 135 mins and enough tailwheel time to transition into some very interesting lines of work if I want. Again, DON'T PFT. If people would realize this it may begin to restore the pay that pilots are due because pilot demand will go up. Think about it.

I noted the following from their webpage. I wonder if they know that it is against the contract with the credit card companies to charge a fee for using a credit card instead of cash. If someone were to report this to the CC vendors it would easily get their credit card rights suspended for a while.

Payments
$500.00 Class reservation fee - due with application.
Balance due upon arrival for training. Payment will be made by Certified Check, Money Order, Credit Card (Please note there will be a processing fee for Credit Cards).​

Way2Broke said:
I noted the following from their webpage. I wonder if they know that it is against the contract with the credit card companies to charge a fee for using a credit card instead of cash. If someone were to report this to the CC vendors it would easily get their credit card rights suspended for a while.​

I hate when companies do that...makes the honest businesses out there suffer.

-mini

flight instructing is for fags. why don't you wip out that nice fat checkbook and pay for a job like the rest of us, ...... you f**king babies

Latest resources

Back