• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

pay for a captain at a regional

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As a 2nd year Beech 1900 captain, I'll make $28,350 base. Realistially, with the amount of flying that I do, I expect to bring in about $38-39,000 this year.

Third year pay on CRJ $55.16 at 75 hours a month. $49,600 without per diem. With the average line at 80-90 hours ill make around 60K this year with per diem

As an E-120 Capt, I will make $45.70/hr in my third year. That's a little over $41K a year gross with no additional flying or perdiem. That is figured on a 75 hour guarantee.

Ok, so you all start making X a year, but then come out with a higher figure....let's talk about that higher figure....What all goes into that?

The difference is your schedule. Most new Captains go on reserve and fly relatively little. In this case they get paid a contracted "guarantee" which is 75 hours a month at my airline.

You make more money when you go over guarantee. I bid an average of around 95 hours a month. That is almost 20% more than base guarantee. Then you add per diem and other credits (junior manning, like overtime) and the pay picks up considerably.

As a FO I earn $34.67 an hour and actually bring home between $45 and $48K. As a Captain I will make $59.50 per hour, but at 75 hours a month (minimum guarantee) that adds up to $53,550 a year.

A big plus to being a senior FO is the schedule. Canada in the Summer, Mexico in the winter. Going where and when you want to instead of the dreaded phone call for a reduced rest overnight in bad weather, or a maintenance ferry flight with a brand new on reserve FO.

Not as much a difference as youwould have thought, eh' ? It is good to be King, but it does not stink to be senior either...

Look, if you want to sum it up, it is F*&%$# pitiful!!!! For the amount of resposibility and contemptious attitudes you have to put up with at a regional. It is embarrassing when I tell people what I make!!! 43k this year whoa!

At SkyWest, the average CRJ non-reserve line would bring $62,545 + per diem to a 3rd yr captain. This is $66,484 in the 5th yr, $77,430 in the 10th, and $97,558 at the max scale in the 18th year.

Andy Neill said:
At SkyWest, the average CRJ non-reserve line would bring $62,545 + per diem to a 3rd yr captain. This is $66,484 in the 5th yr, $77,430 in the 10th, and $97,558 at the max scale in the 18th year.

And without having to pay dues to a national union who is intent on destroying your career....

You couldn't resist could you? Had to skew it into an RJDC thread. Real nice.....

Latest resources

Back