• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pay cuts for Bridgeway employees

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have to agree with Lake Alice. NetJets day in the sun is ending.

Santulli's original fractional concept was brilliant and that accounted for the company's original growth spurt, but the sad fact is there were no barriers to entry. Anyone could (and did) get into this business and provide a very close substiture for the service NetJets offers. It is sad that the original idea was the only one Santulli had. The majority of the current growth is in Marquis, which Santulli didn't think of, but at least had the intelligence to recognize as a profit opportunity. Unfortunately, Santulli's one great idea was accompanied by a management style best suited for exploiting sneaker-manufacturing workers in a third world country, and this attitude will be the downfall of NetJets.

Just like most organizations that rely on one great idea eventually decline (think Atari, GM, IBM, the legacy airlines, etc.), so too will NetJets. It won't fail all at once. Afterall, people still buy GM cars But Schumpeter's "creative destruction" will be clearly demonstrated again, as another competitor amasses the critical size to compete with NetJets. Just as most businesses success are limited by the skills and assumptions of their management, Santulli reached his peak several years ago and has been riding his history rather than creating a competitive edge for the future. Very sad - but not uncommon.

Many of us will have the ability to leave NJA but for those who are unable it may be a rocky road.

Lake Alice said:
The reality is dsptchrNJA and those like him cannot go anywhere else. NJA is it and the most he/she can achieve.

Lake Alice, give me a break. This idle attempt of "fear" is laughable. Do you really think that NON-Pilots at NetJets can't go anywhere else if they wanted to? The reality is they/we choose to stay with this great company.

It is not only an insult to the current NON-pilots but it shows the prima donna, ego driven attitude that has taken over SOME of our pilots.

Good luck in your next pilot position "Alice". "Furloughed NJA" pilot will look great on your resume.

You're right said:
Lake Alice, give me a break. This idle attempt of "fear" is laughable. Do you really think that NON-Pilots at NetJets can't go anywhere else if they wanted to? The reality is they/we choose to stay with this great company.

It is not only an insult to the current NON-pilots but it shows the prima donna, ego driven attitude that has taken over SOME of our pilots.

Good luck in your next pilot position "Alice". "Furloughed NJA" pilot will look great on your resume.

I would argue that the non-union people are more accustomed to moving around.

Changing jobs for them is commonplace in today's economy. Take a look at any of the labor bureau data....most people (non-union) change jobs every 5 years or so.

Another advantage for them is that they wont have to worry about seniority numbers and starting out at the bottom of a ladder again.

The non-union people are also more competitive and used to being evaluated and promoted based on performance. You are not talking about people who cant cut it anywhere else. There are a lot of bright, well educated people here in the flight center that could easily go work for any company.

No, I dont think any of the non-union people would have any problem or angst about finding another job.

It sure is funny to watch bridgeway faithfulls get all riled up. Like anything you or I say on this board makes a difference. Truly funny and a spectacle to see.

You're right said:

I have a feeling Lake Alice will be just fine.

Its okay to be jealous though-I hear it coming through loud and clear.

Good luck NJA pilots-make them give you what they promised.

After all they raised owner fees how many years ago-based on giving the pilots a raise they never received.

Fly Safe
Chuck

cgmason1 said:
I have a feeling Lake Alice will be just fine.

Its okay to be jealous though-I hear it coming through loud and clear.

Good luck NJA pilots-make them give you what they promised.

After all they raised owner fees how many years ago-based on giving the pilots a raise they never received.

Fly Safe
Chuck

Posted by NJAOwner on another thread:

"Extra Fees to Owners
The company (NJA) as raised the rates to the owners to provide raises for the crews, have they gotten them? NO!!

This is one of the big misconceptions which has been on the board for a long time. The pilots have been told by someone other than the Company, that the Company raised management fees to the owners years ago to pay for the raises to the pilots. Suppossedly, the Company has been stockpiling this cash for years, without passing any of it along to the pilots.

I have never had an increase in fees to cover the new pilots contract. I have been with the Company for enough years that I have had to renew my contract, and the only increases have been the standard minimum 3.75% increase in fees each year. In fact, the contracts provide that the fees shall increase at the great of a certain CPI calculation or 3.75% per year."

HD

Last edited:
Well they better start raising fees and quit selling off the core fleet. Somebody needs to pay for the pilots raises.

The non-union people are also more competitive and used to being evaluated and promoted based on performance.

As for this comment I can only laugh. At some companies performance may be a motivating factor for promotion. At NetJets its all about who's arse you kiss and who's your buddy.

most people (non-union) change jobs every 5 years or so.
Pilots dont change jobs as often as non-union employees. They put their heart and soul into a company and career. We have more at stake and more to lose. For these reasons you will never understand what standing up for your future is about because, after all, you'll be out of here in 5 years unless you kiss arse into upper management. God help us.

Fracster said:
Pilots dont change jobs as often as non-union employees. They put their heart and soul into a company and career. We have more at stake and more to lose. For these reasons you will never understand what standing up for your future is about because, after all, you'll be out of here in 5 years unless you kiss arse into upper management. God help us.

You're right....I dont understand a union that demands a pay package that cost the company 3 times the current pay package.

If you really do have more at stake and want to build a secure future in an uncertain world then you wouldnt have your union making outrageous demands that the company can not afford.

I've seen a lot of bitching on this site about a lack of REASONABLE offers from the company, but now that we've seen what the union is demanding, it is clear that they are equally at fault for this stalemate.

Fracster said:
As for this comment I can only laugh. At some companies performance may be a motivating factor for promotion. At NetJets its all about who's arse you kiss and who's your buddy.

Just out of curiosity, just how much time do you spend at Bridgeway? Most of us don't have the time for "arse kissing".

Latest resources

Back