• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pat Tillman is not a hero....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I first heard about this guy when a local radio talk show read it and ranted for three hours. Frankly, I'm getting a little tired of anything Pat Tilman-related. Not that I don't admire him or I'm ungrateful for the sacrifice he gave, but there are thousands of other volunteers in Iraq and Afghanistan and around the world serving today as well. They are, in my mind, just as heroic as Pat Tilman. The fact that they didn't get to turn down a $3 million pro sports contract makes their service no less significant. Given his humble attitude, I doubt he would care for all the hoopla surrounding his death.

As for this Gonzalez guy - - perhaps he should return to Peurto Rico and enroll in one of their finest institutions of higher learning to complete his graduate studies.

The most AMAZING thing, though, about this story goes back to the local talk show host. He suggested that Gonzalez return to the "foreign country" that he came from. I thought about mailing him a clue, but decided against it. :rolleyes:

Wait a minute...is this the same guy that had the "white scholarship?" Maybe it is a different person. Can someone confirm this?

Kathy

BTW, when I learned all the curse words in spanish when I stayed in Mexico as an exchange student, "pendejo" did not translate to "idiot!" :D Perhaps I lost something in the translation...

Kathy

OK?

The most AMAZING thing, though, about this story goes back to the local talk show host. He suggested that Gonzalez return to the "foreign country" that he came from. I thought about mailing him a clue, but decided against it.

Who is "him". If it is the talk show host, I am a little lost. If it is Gonzales, then why did you decide against it. I bet we could get enough donations to send this flippen moron back to the "foreign country" he came from! OOP's, Puerto Rico, isn't that one of our territories?:eek:

OK, now I get it. :rolleyes:

We should still send him somewhere! Like Puerto Rico! I'll bet Teddy and JFSkerry are trying to enlist this guy as we speak. He sounds like their type. :mad:

The last two heros that the silly PAO's at the Pentagon trotted out were a poor unconcious girl, and a clueless fool that managed to evade his rescuers for for over a week in the FRY. Tillman, just like too many others that have given their lives lately, is the real deal. It is unfortunate that they are not all given the same recognition.

This Rene person is probably one of the privledged of P.R. that protested the bombing range at Vieques, but was long gone when everyone lost their job at Roosey Roads. Clueless, liberal, uncaring about anyone else but himself and his/her misguided ideals.

cynic said:
However, in my neighborhood in Puerto Rico, Tillman would have been called a "pendejo," an idiot.

I wonder why he wouldnt be considered a hero in Puerter Dico. Maybee because its a piece of Sh!t country. Go back to your fourth world country. I dont care if you retracted your statment.
Tillman is a hero.

Re: Re: Pat Tillman is not a hero....

DCMartin said:
I wonder why he wouldnt be considered a hero in Puerter Dico. Maybee because its a piece of Sh!t country. Go back to your fourth world country. I dont care if you retracted your statment.
Tillman is a hero.
Psssssssst. Puerto Rico is a US Territory, not a foreign country. :rolleyes:

DAS at 10/250 said:
If you can read this, thank your teacher.

If you are reading it in English, thank a soldier.

You definately can't thank a Puerto Rican like Rene.......if it were up to him, we'd all be speaking Spanish.

LTG

If you ask the Puerto Ricans, it is a sovereign nation, although it is indeed a US Terittory. Ever so often, they decide they want to break free, much like Quebec. Only probelm is, that without the US, they would quickly become a clone of the Dominican Replubic or worse yet, Haiti.

Yes, regardless of the rights or the wrongs of the war, Tilman is a hero, like all the others in arms. They chose to fight what they believe is right and just.

I hope Rene goes home to PR and work on seceeding from the US, now that I would support.

Just had to chime in on this one. IMHO this country is headed by nothing but liars and scum. Bush sucks. I think he is a piece of sh1t and he should have been the one that was shot over there. Its his war. There is no good reason for us to be policing other people, let them figure it out on their own. We get way into too many peoples business. I don't see other countries coming over here to help us out. Tillman is no **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** hero, he is a **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** fool. He was nothing but a servant in some bs war on oil. Plain and simple!

Latest resources

Back