• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pat Tillman is not a hero....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don't let the door hit you in the @ss on the way out!

I hear OBL is looking for a few pilots!

Last edited:
I believe Tilman as well as all U.S. Soldiers are heros. In my opinion you don't have to be in country at war or lose your life in battle to be a hero, you need only be a U.S. Soldier. The thought that comes to the front of my mind regarding Pat Tilman is that he wanted to serve his country, but serve it quietly without fanfare. I believe that Pat Tilman wouldn't want the spotlight on him in death as he did what he could to keep a low key while serving.

airspeed,

You can't be serious, can you? :confused:

Dude you are trolling for some flame, please tell me the truth. :eek:

flyifrvfr said:
I believe Tilman as well as all U.S. Soldiers are heros. In my opinion you don't have to be in country at war or lose your life in battle to be a hero, you need only be a U.S. Soldier.

I hope we can disqualify the two white trash POS that were in the photos mistreating the POW's. I won't call anyone that ignorant or stupid a hero. The military just like every group has it's bad elements. That of course does not detract from the dedication and hard work that of those who are busting the @sses everyday to do the mission they are assigned.

BTW, Rene has a real tough life from the crystalized grad school world. Keep drinking Starbucks and b!tching about the state of the world while you contemplate the apporiate abbrevation for you're next action group. This country was built on the backs of people like Pat Tillman, not snotty f*ckwads like Rene.

Last edited:
airspeed said:
Just had to chime in on this one. IMHO this country is headed by nothing but liars and scum. Bush sucks. I think he is a piece of sh1t and he should have been the one that was shot over there. Its his war. There is no good reason for us to be policing other people, let them figure it out on their own. We get way into too many peoples business. I don't see other countries coming over here to help us out. Tillman is no **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** hero, he is a **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** fool. He was nothing but a servant in some bs war on oil. Plain and simple!

I see the same irony in this post that I saw in the column we are discussing.

None of airspeed's attitude would be permitted in a country that did not have people like Pat Tillman, people who did not enter the military for benefits or as a default career choice, but instead walked away from what most of us would describe as an objectively better lifestyle in favor of providing service to us, the citizens. This is why the Tillman story is important to us. He had something else to do, something attractive, carrying celebrity and high monetary gain, and he chose instead to give himself.

Does this remind anyone of a similar sacrifice we have recently discussed? Maybe that's why this strikes a chord in people.

So, airspeed, while I see you opinion as being completely devoid of value, I must point out that you have the right to exercise that opinion because of those whom you despise.

A poignant paradox, to be sure.

You people need to THINK!!! My rights?? First of all I have served. I did it because I wanted to fly and at first I did want to serve my country until I realized all I was serving was some despicable govt. that only cared about taking your money for every kind of tax u can think of, wiping out whole races of people, invading other countries when we should not be there, etc. For those of you who believe that we need to go invade other countries for our so called freedoms you must be kidding me right?? Let me tell u all something, I have the right, yes thats the right to do what ever the hell I want as long as I don't hurt anyone else. Remember the native americans? Were they not here first?? Yes, they were and guess what our great Uncle Sam tried to wipe em out. Just the way its always been is that we take what we want. Do you people not realize why the Middle East hates us so much?? This country sucks and don't give me that crap that I need someone else fighting for my freedoms. The govt nor anyone on this board knows what freedom is it seems. Are we really free? No, we are not. Patriot Act come to mind??

"This country sucks"

Well, I am sure you can find plenty of countries, that would welcome you with open arms, but you may have to be less outspoken, you know, not all countries views freedom of speech as a right.

Like I said before, and as I said to ATL2CDG, let us know when you leave and how it works out.

airspeed said:
You people need to THINK!!! My rights?? First of all I have served. I did it because I wanted to fly and at first I did want to serve my country until I realized all I was serving was some despicable govt. that only cared about taking your money for every kind of tax u can think of, wiping out whole races of people, invading other countries when we should not be there, etc. For those of you who believe that we need to go invade other countries for our so called freedoms you must be kidding me right?? Let me tell u all something, I have the right, yes thats the right to do what ever the hell I want as long as I don't hurt anyone else. Remember the native americans? Were they not here first?? Yes, they were and guess what our great Uncle Sam tried to wipe em out. Just the way its always been is that we take what we want. Do you people not realize why the Middle East hates us so much?? This country sucks and don't give me that crap that I need someone else fighting for my freedoms. The govt nor anyone on this board knows what freedom is it seems. Are we really free? No, we are not. Patriot Act come to mind??

Wow. :eek: :confused:

airspeed said:
You people need to THINK!!! My rights?? First of all I have served. I did it because I wanted to fly and at first I did want to serve my country until I realized all I was serving was some despicable govt. that only cared about taking your money for every kind of tax u can think of, wiping out whole races of people, invading other countries when we should not be there, etc.

Let me tell u all something, I have the right, yes thats the right to do what ever the hell I want as long as I don't hurt anyone else.

This country sucks and don't give me that crap that I need someone else fighting for my freedoms.
Somebody PLEASE tell me this guy no longer has access to weapons so I can sleep tonight.

Dear Timebuilder,
If you are such an admirer of Tillman - God rests his poor soul - why don't you follow on his footsteps and join the service for an Iraq(k) tour. See if you like it. Check Afganistan also. Try for a change to put your money where your mouth is. Maybe....just maybe you will get lucky and get to meet Jesus on those places. I believe He is waiting for you for some time. You shouldn't make him wait. That's not nice of you. Very disrespectful.

Latest resources

Back