Passover pay at Purple??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jtmpilot

A MD-11 Anchorage guy is activating in Memphis in the next month who is junior to me, i hold a summer MD-11 training slot, will this trigger MD-11 passover pay??

Oy, vey, I thought you were going to announce holiday pay for working Passover . . . for this, I read this string? Enough already!

A MD-11 Anchorage guy is activating in Memphis in the next month who is junior to me, i hold a summer MD-11 training slot, will this trigger MD-11 passover pay??

No, it will not. In order for it to trigger passover pay for you, the junior guy must "delay" your training. Since he is already trained, this is a domicile transfer, requiring no training for him.

Since your training was not delayed by his move/activation in MEM, you won't be eligible for passover pay. That is the way the "powers that be" interpreted it for a buddy of mine in your situation.

Passover Pay Due To Junior Pilot’s Early Activation
    1. a. In case of a junior pilot’s activation to a higher paying position out of seniority order, every senior pilot who meets the following prerequisites shall be paid as if he had activated in that higher paying position (passover pay):

1. [*]i. the junior pilot and the senior pilot(s) hold an award for the same crew position; and

[*]ii. the junior pilot’s award is from the same posting as the senior pilot’s award or from a subsequent posting; and

[*]iii. the Company chooses to activate the junior pilot prior to the senior pilot(s) and the junior pilot’s activation delays the training and activation of the senior pilot(s).

One could argue...

If I am not mistaken, I believe all the MD-11 selectees have had their training dates slid. You could make a case that the classes have been delayed due to the purple nuggets getting trained first and going to Alaska only to come back to Memphis ahead of the more senior dudes.

Sounds logical to me.

Goose17

If I am not mistaken, I believe all the MD-11 selectees have had their training dates slid. You could make a case that the classes have been delayed due to the purple nuggets getting trained first and going to Alaska only to come back to Memphis ahead of the more senior dudes.

Sounds logical to me.

Goose17

I think passover pay applies to same domicile only. (actually CONUS)

Past....

yeah my training date has been slid 3 times, the company could just keep transfering Anchorage guys in and it would delay us again, dont see how that is fair at all

If the other pilot started training after the close of the current bid you might have an case that he delayed your training and held a bid for the same crew position as you do. For instance, if he started a couple of weeks after the training letter's completion, then you could argue that he wasn't trained as an ANC crewmember at all. He didn't hold an ANC bid at the time he started training, he held a MEM slot regardless of what the TL stated. The company was just too lazy(or smart) to take him out of the queue and re-write the TL to reflect the current bid.

All this has to be true, then the ALPA lawyers will have to agree with that interpretation, then maybe you can grieve it. Your chances are small at best, and I'm sure you not the first in this situation, so your block rep will probably have all the details/history for you.

Latest resources

Back