• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Passover pay at Purple??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm certainly no expert on the contract or the passover process.

The one thing I do know, is that unless you bid for the same seat in the SAME domicile during the same bid you won't be eligible for passover pay. If guys can work the system to spend a year in ANC and then get to Memphis out of seniority order (ie next bid) then more power to them, but I don't know how they did it.

If you want the widebody pay at the earliest opportunity then bid ANC. As I understand those hypothetical 100 guys in ANC who bid back to Mem will not activate in Mem until their seniority can hold it. That is where I'm not sure how this guy is getting back to Mem without being able to hold it.

Just because there is a pilot junior to you in a seat above you doesn't mean you get passover pay. If, however, you bid the SAME seat, SAME domicile, on the SAME bid, and the company trains a pilot junior to you first, then you will get passover when that pilot activates into his/her new seat. New hires going to domiciles where the company needs them are not part of a bid.

I have a buddy senior to me by about a month (4.5 years here) who is a new LCA in the back seat and is still waiting for passover pay because he waited so long to bid a widebody seat. There have been guys junior to us for a couple of years in the widebody, but he hadn't bid it until the last bid, and nobody junior to him from that bid will activate until this month. Then he will get the passover pay.

Oh yeah, Happy New Year everybody.

Go VOLS!

FJ

Falcon,

When I did a lateral trans from ANC to MEM in the left seat about 30 months ago they swapped most of the guys that were doing laterals from one domicile to another about a month after the training letter came out. All the LAX, MEM, ANC guys that swapped moved on Nov 1st I believe.

And I was not nearly the most senior type person. FWIW...
Past...

Rats! TN lost.

Ok, I must admit again that I'm not sure how the laterals work. I looked at the training letter and I don't see any guys coming out of ANC (either seat) that aren't going to LA. I am obviously missing something there.

Do all the laterals show up on the training letter? I thought they did. I don't see any going to MEM.

Although it might not seem fair, I don't think laterals will trigger passover pay.

I'd give enforcement a call and let us all know how it turns out as it will likely come up again once the new hires start going to ANC again.

FJ

Rats! TN lost.

Ok, I must admit again that I'm not sure how the laterals work. I looked at the training letter and I don't see any guys coming out of ANC (either seat) that aren't going to LA. I am obviously missing something there.

Do all the laterals show up on the training letter? I thought they did. I don't see any going to MEM.

Although it might not seem fair, I don't think laterals will trigger passover pay.

I'd give enforcement a call and let us all know how it turns out as it will likely come up again once the new hires start going to ANC again.

FJ

FJ,

Not sure but I think you have to look at the final bid award with "Training and Transfer" dates. Transfers would not be on the training letter as they are not going to training....

Past...

The Jan 29 training slot for the -11 shows two laterals going to LA. One from MEM and one from ANC.

There are no other laterals on there until Feb 26, and they too are all going to LA.

So there are laterals on the training letter, I don't see any going to MEM though.

FJ

There are transfer dates for the laterals on the posting that don't appear to show up on the training letter.

Interesting.

I'm glad I don't have a dog in this hunt, I will try to graciously bow out.

FJ

Latest resources

Back