Passenger stole my computer!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Time for poker!

Call the guy back in 2A and tell him that the case has been turned over to the FBI because it was on a flight, hard to tell which jurisdiction the theft occurred in. That they have a statement from the guy in 1A that saw him with the computer. Tell me they're pulling the black box to see what's on it as well. He has one chance to return the computer before the case progresses and his a$$ goes to jail. If he gives it back file charges anyway.

The voice of experience,

Avdad

You are pretty much up screwed. Can't tell you how many F/A have had there hand bags or wallets stolen on my flts over the last 28 yrs. The basic police deal is unless you have a witness that sees the item in the peeps hands or the cops find the guy with it your SOL. Don't leave you stuff in the overhead.

I dont mean to be a jerk here

I dont mean to be a jerk here but, didnt you have your laptop just sitting in one overhead bins and not back in the crew bag compartments concealed in your rollerboard? I am sorry you got your laptop stolen, however that is about like leaving your wallet on a restaurant table going to the bathroom and expecting the thing to be there when you get back. Yes it should be there but for some people who are dishonest the temptation will be too great. Chances are you are not going to get this money or your computer back, chalk it up to a loss and keep a more positive control of your stuff. Plus you should not expect other people to watch your stuff, you decided to take the lap top on the road with you, therefore it will be your responsibility next time to keep a better eye on it. Lesson learned.

Again not trying to be a jerk here, and just because you are pretty sure that that the guy in 2B is the one that stole it does not mean that the guy in the middle of the airplane did not snag it. Next time keep the lap top in a case in the cockpit with you.

I bet you next time, you wont bring that little lap top with you or that stupid MP3 player.
Time to grow up and leave the backpack and roller blades at home.

OMG7778 said:
Again not trying to be a jerk here, and just because you are pretty sure that that the guy in 2B is the one that stole it does not mean that the guy in the middle of the airplane did not snag it. Next time keep the lap top in a case in the cockpit with you.

I have to agree with this post, 100%.

Chalk this one up as a lesson learned. DON'T do this again. If you are someone else and you are doing it... STOP. If you leave your laptop out in a public area (yes, the cabin is a public area) it is just a matter of time before it gets snagged.

If you are going to leave it lying around, at a minimum, bury it in the middle of your rollerboard so that no one knows that it is in there. An unattended laptop case is just too good of a bait for a thief... As you now know.

And yes... The police are going to do NOTHING here. Sad but true. This is nothing but a "petty theft" to them, and last on their priority list.

AVDAD said:
Call the guy back in 2A and tell him that the case has been turned over to the FBI because it was on a flight, hard to tell which jurisdiction the theft occurred in. That they have a statement from the guy in 1A that saw him with the computer. Tell me they're pulling the black box to see what's on it as well. He has one chance to return the computer before the case progresses and his a$$ goes to jail. If he gives it back file charges anyway.

The voice of experience,

Avdad
Like that Berkley Professor who had his laptop stolen, saying there were federal programs on there and what not. Then explaining that the FBI and CIA are now involved, and the thief is looking to spend a rest of his life in jail.

I here ya got the dudes phone number, how bout his address, is that listed along with his number, pay him a visit, don't bring a knife to a gun fight either.

You guys are exactly right. I am a duma** to leave it back there. I always was in a habit of telling my flight attendants that it was back there and most of the time they put their purses on top of it. Well here comes the chain of events flt. att. was running late forgot to tell her about the computer a poof computer gone on the next flight. I do deserved to be rassamboed in the nuts 4 this one but I thought there might be something I could do since the guy in 2B sayed he talked to the guy in 1A about it? Now that gun idea is a dam good idea I was thinking more of duct tape and a cattle prod to the nuts. Any other good ones out there. My parents always seemed to like that one when i was being brought up :) ...... Well fellas I love your info keep it coming it is getting my mind running maybe something will come across that will work. Or maybe I will have call my buddy Tony Saprano and he can get ta cracking some skulls.

SEE YA

Latest resources

Back