http://www.fda.gov/cder/warn/cyber/2007/UTVokes.pdf

July 6, 2007
CERTIFIED MAIL
RETURN RECEIPT REQUESTED
Kevin Vokes
223 Sorrel Trail
Keller, Texas 76248

Dear Mr. Vokes:
This is to advise you that the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has reviewed your web site at the Internet address http://www.acai-berry.com and has determined that your products “MonaVie Original,” “MonaVie Active,” “MonaVie Combo,” and “MonaVie Gel” are promoted for conditions that cause the products to be drugs under section 201(g)(1) of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (the Act) [21 U.S.C. § 321(g)(1)]. The therapeutic claims on your web site establish that the products are drugs because they are intended for use in the cure, mitigation, treatment, or prevention of disease. The marketing of these products with these claims violates the Act.
Examples of the claims observed on your web site include:
MonaVie Original, Active, Combo and Gel
“Imagine a juice product that combines a variety of the most powerful fruits … with additional compounds that aid in the fight against inflammation, and you’ll find MonaVie ….”
“Acai Berries [an ingredient in the MonaVie products] are high in essential fatty acids and omegas – 60% Oleic omega 9 – a monounsaturated essential fatty acid which helps to lower LDL (harmful cholesterol) while maintaining HDL (beneficial cholesterol). 12% Linoleic (omega 6) – a polyunsaturated essential fatty acid which has also been found to lower LDL while maintaining HDL.”
“Acai also contains many valuable Phytosterols. Sterols are compounds of plant cell membranes providing numerous benefits to the Human body, namely the reduction of blood plasma cholesterol.”
MonaVie Active
“MonaVie Active is MonaVie Original with two additional ingredients meant specifically to help relieve joint/muscle pain and inflammation ….”
Page 2 – Acai-berry.com
Furthermore, your MonaVie products are not generally recognized as safe and effective for the above referenced conditions and therefore, they are also “new drugs” under section 201(p) of the Act [21 U.S.C. § 321(p)]. New drugs may not be legally marketed in the U.S. without prior approval from FDA as described in section 505(a) of the Act [21 U.S.C. § 355(a)]. FDA approves a new drug on the basis of scientific data submitted by a drug sponsor to demonstrate that the drug is safe and effective.
This letter is not intended to be an all-inclusive review of your web site and products your firm markets. It is your responsibility to ensure that all products marketed by your firm comply with the Act and its implementing regulations.
If you need additional information or have questions concerning any products distributed through your web site, please contact FDA. You may respond in writing to Kristen Moe, Compliance Officer, 5100 Paint Branch Parkway, College Park, MD 20740. If you have any questions concerning this letter, please contact Ms. Moe at 301-436-2064.

Sincerely,
/s/
Jennifer A. Thomas
Acting Director
Division of Enforcement
Center for Food Safety
And Applied Nutrition

cc:
Monavie Corporation Headquarters
10757 South Riverfront Parkway
Suite 110
Salt Lake City, UT 84095

You're the angry one as I have no emotional stake in this.

I'm actually a happy azz kind-a guy.

Since you doubt the validity of the letter, why don't you go to the FDA's website and put your product in the search field? Then, go to the American Heart Association's website and do a search for your product. Enough said, "dude":rolleyes:.

Read post #49 again and get back to us.

http://www.fda.gov/cder/warn/cyber/2007/UTVokes.pdf

July 6, 2007
CERTIFIED MAIL
RETURN RECEIPT REQUESTED
Kevin Vokes
223 Sorrel Trail
Keller, Texas 76248

Dear Mr. Vokes:
This is to advise you that the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has reviewed your web site at the Internet address http://www.acai-berry.com and has determined that your products “MonaVie Original,” “MonaVie Active,” “MonaVie Combo,” and “MonaVie Gel” are promoted for conditions that cause the products to be drugs under section 201(g)(1) of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (the Act) [21 U.S.C. § 321(g)(1)]. The therapeutic claims on your web site establish that the products are drugs because they are intended for use in the cure, mitigation, treatment, or prevention of disease. The marketing of these products with these claims violates the Act.
Examples of the claims observed on your web site include:
MonaVie Original, Active, Combo and Gel
“Imagine a juice product that combines a variety of the most powerful fruits … with additional compounds that aid in the fight against inflammation, and you’ll find MonaVie ….”
“Acai Berries [an ingredient in the MonaVie products] are high in essential fatty acids and omegas – 60% Oleic omega 9 – a monounsaturated essential fatty acid which helps to lower LDL (harmful cholesterol) while maintaining HDL (beneficial cholesterol). 12% Linoleic (omega 6) – a polyunsaturated essential fatty acid which has also been found to lower LDL while maintaining HDL.”
“Acai also contains many valuable Phytosterols. Sterols are compounds of plant cell membranes providing numerous benefits to the Human body, namely the reduction of blood plasma cholesterol.”
MonaVie Active
“MonaVie Active is MonaVie Original with two additional ingredients meant specifically to help relieve joint/muscle pain and inflammation ….”
Page 2 – Acai-berry.com
Furthermore, your MonaVie products are not generally recognized as safe and effective for the above referenced conditions and therefore, they are also “new drugs” under section 201(p) of the Act [21 U.S.C. § 321(p)]. New drugs may not be legally marketed in the U.S. without prior approval from FDA as described in section 505(a) of the Act [21 U.S.C. § 355(a)]. FDA approves a new drug on the basis of scientific data submitted by a drug sponsor to demonstrate that the drug is safe and effective.
This letter is not intended to be an all-inclusive review of your web site and products your firm markets. It is your responsibility to ensure that all products marketed by your firm comply with the Act and its implementing regulations.
If you need additional information or have questions concerning any products distributed through your web site, please contact FDA. You may respond in writing to Kristen Moe, Compliance Officer, 5100 Paint Branch Parkway, College Park, MD 20740. If you have any questions concerning this letter, please contact Ms. Moe at 301-436-2064.

Sincerely,
/s/
Jennifer A. Thomas
Acting Director
Division of Enforcement
Center for Food Safety
And Applied Nutrition

cc:
Monavie Corporation Headquarters
10757 South Riverfront Parkway
Suite 110
Salt Lake City, UT 84095

Read post #49 again and get back to us. lol

Wow, a reading and comprehension problem, that explains alot. lol

Read post #49 again and get back to us.

Your use of the word "us" suggests insecurity in your position as you have no idea on the consensus of the members of this board.

Your post (49) doesn't refute (in the least) the results of the FDA and AHA searches. The evidence speaks for itself.

You say refer to post 49. I say refer to the real evidence.

And BTW, the FDA and The American Heart Association just gave their stamps of approval for the new "Mona-Vie Pulse" that will be out in a couple months. Yeah, a real scam they have there.

FDA or AHA link? I provided mine. I suspect that you won't provide one.

Your use of the word "us" suggests insecurity in your position as you have no idea on the consensus of the members of this board.

Wrong again. I have 7 people on this board who are receiving juice from me and literature about Mona-Vie. Smart people.

FDA or AHA link? I provided mine. I suspect that you won't provide one.

There are no links. Now listen up this time, pay attention, take notes....so I don't have to repeat this for the 3rd time. That guy had ridiculous claims on his website about Mona-Vie....the FDA set his dumb azz straight about making claims without proper testing. They send out letters every day to idiots who make claims that products they sell will not cure. He took it all off of his website. That moron will never be successful.

You want to learn about Mona-Vie, go to their site, not the site of some idiot.

BornAgainPagan,

You crack me up man. The amount of time you spend posting negative, useless, unfounded crap and searching the net for Mona-Vie related info....you might be able to do something that makes you a happier person.

Good luck with your flying and your business.

Go to sleep already.

There are no links. Now listen up this time, pay attention, take notes....so I don't have to repeat this for the 3rd time. That guy had ridiculous claims on his website about Mona-Vie....the FDA set his dumb azz straight about making claims without proper testing. They send out letters every day to idiots who make claims that products they sell will not cure. He took it all off of his website. That moron will never be successful.

You don't have links because it is you making the ridiculous claims.

You want to learn about Mona-Vie, go to their site, not the site of some idiot.

If you want to call the FDA's website the "site of some idiot", go right ahead. Man, you are desperate for any shred of validity. If I were in your shoes, I guess that I too would be desperate for validation.

Last edited:
BornAgainPagan,

You crack me up man. The amount of time you spend posting negative, useless, unfounded crap and searching the net for Mona-Vie related info....you might be able to do something that makes you a happier person.

Good luck with your flying and your business.

Go to sleep already.

You call my posts useless only because they debunk your stupidity. Again, blab on all you want but, where is your evidence?

Latest resources

Back