Parking TSA Airplanes AND More Furloughs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
aviatornick said:
ya well i know of 2 people that have yet to get a call. that's messed up. reserve here i come! who's hiring again?

I heard Go Jets hiring, you should apply..
best of luck!

Ok, if you have the experience you should pm swordfish to see if he will help you get an interview with Continental since his dad the chief pilot there. He has helped a lot of guys get interview just a thought.

If you are on probation don't expect to get an official notice and be prepared for the option of a voluntary furlough or termination.

The union MEC is ineffective at Trans States. Unfortunately, there is a lot of dissatisfaction on-line which I am sure is making its way back to management. This is not a good negotiating position. For the good of the pilot group, change is needed at the top levels. There are pilots willing to step up to the plate.

I'm sure the vocal few will rant and rave over this post. I ask you to question pilots on-line about their opinions before you voice yours and see what the majority feel.

Wow I feel that knife in my back again. A few days ago I heard that GJ was starting the process to put 50 seat A/C on thier certificate, then the next day we get 28 more furloughs, 14 more downgrades, and 2 parked EMB 145s...hmmm. Anyways with TSA having 48 pilots on the street and 28 Captains downgraded to FOs I dont see how anyone can say that GJs isnt hurting us.

Hey Boulevard....-- you sure seem to care alot about the TSA MEC with all your posts wil you be running for the next term as chairman? We have no power? And you do? Keep it up *************************stick-- you need to go to bed early tonight-- you have a big day tomorrow....

thread_hot.gif
Parking TSA Airplanes AND More Furloughs
Views: 2,381
Posted By boulevard
If you are on probation don't expect to get an...

If you are on probation don't expect to get an official notice and be prepared for the option of a voluntary furlough or termination.

The union MEC is ineffective at Trans States. Unfortunately,...

Forum: Regionals
post_new.gif
04-05-2006, 06:14 Replies: 48
thread_hot.gif
Tsa Mec
Views: 1,838
Posted By boulevard
Tsa Mec

Curious to the opinions of TSA pilots' on their MEC?

Your MEC doesn't work here, your C39 Capt Rep doesn't work here, nor does your Grievance Chair. All communications is lacking. The union is in...

post_new.gif
02-02-2006, 21:22 Replies: 31
thread_hot.gif
Attempted recall of TSA MEC
Views: 1,782
Posted By boulevard
Why does everyone assume that an attempted recall...

Why does everyone assume that an attempted recall has to do with a certain 70 seat flying? I don't think that it does. That sounds like trumped up propoganda from the union. Ask around and you...

post_new.gif
01-31-2006, 19:16 Replies: 31
thread_hot.gif
Posted By boulevard
I thought the MECs staunchest support was always...

I thought the MECs staunchest support was always out on the east coast? Who is this "Boys Club"? Did they give themselves the name or did someone else? A 50/50 split on a recall vote makes me...

post_new.gif
01-31-2006, 18:38 Replies: 31
thread_hot.gif
Posted By boulevard

Anyone know of any info regarding this so called recall attemp? I heard a Capt Rep and FO Rep voted for a recall and it ended up a 50/50 vote. Something must be going down because the TSALounge is...

post_new.gif
12-12-2005, 21:10 Replies: 67
thread_hot.gif
TSA Lounge is down!
Views: 3,257
Posted By boulevard
Red, I wasn't implying that the company would...

Red,

I wasn't implying that the company would spin it in any way. As you said, "they are ruthless" and they don't care about what anyone thinks. The MEC, on the otherhand, has to answer to the...

post_new.gif
12-12-2005, 00:45 Replies: 67
thread_hot.gif
TSA Lounge is down!
Posted By boulevard
Redbook, You misunderstood me. My point is, ...

Redbook,

You misunderstood me. My point is, the company would not and will not deal with our current MEC. Therefore any communication or deal had to be offered through a mediator. Rumor has it...

post_new.gif
12-11-2005, 22:51 Replies: 11
thread_hot.gif
TSA MEC unable to deal with MGMT
Views: 965
Posted By boulevard
Will there be a new VARS on Mon?

Will there be a new VARS on Mon?

post_new.gif
12-11-2005, 22:50 Replies: 67
thread_hot.gif
TSA Lounge is down!
Posted By boulevard
I want to know who proposed the current deal to...

I want to know who proposed the current deal to the company? Was it certain senior training department pilots or JK/DM? Why couldn't our union leadership propose these plans?

The company won't...

post_new.gif
12-09-2005, 15:30 Replies: 11
thread_hot.gif
Posted By boulevard
I haven't thrown in the towel, nor have a majorit...

I haven't thrown in the towel, nor have a majorit of the pilots here. This fight certainly isn't over. Rather, I think an agreement without the pilots ratification is throwing in the towel. MGMT...

post_new.gif
12-09-2005, 14:44 Replies: 11
thread_hot.gif
Posted By boulevard

The current GJ problem makes it painfully obvious that labor relations with the company and pilots is virtually nonexistent. The question that needs to be asked is, "How do the two sides reestablish...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back