• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Parking at NJ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Also, just do like I do and drive right past DFW to park at the DAL signature. No big deal. Also increases my chances for an after midnight since most of our airline travel is out of DFW and would have to include a taxi at the end to get me to my car.

The parking fees can be used towards a tax deduction as well.

I think this is a case of making mountains out of mole hills.

I live in BHM. 15 minutes from the airport. If I get the job my wife will be dropping me off and picking me up. Problem solved.

Auburn

You might talk to Jet South there at BHM. Looks like they are the preferred FBO and they might let you park.

It can be hard on the wife and kid sometimes with a 0500 show on day 1 or a 2330 arrival on day 7. Doesn't happen all the time, but it will happen.

sk

Auburn

You might talk to Jet South there at BHM. Looks like they are the preferred FBO and they might let you park.

It can be hard on the wife and kid sometimes with a 0500 show on day 1 or a 2330 arrival on day 7. Doesn't happen all the time, but it will happen.

sk

Yeah, I see what you mean. The hangar I work out of right now is over here at Mercury (now Atlantic East Ramp) and I know all of the line guys and CSRs so it shouldn't be a problem.

Then again, you don't know my wife. She would wake up at the crack of dawn to save money every day of the week if she had to.

Ask your airport if they offer employee or commuter parking.

For instance, at Tallahassee, the Operations people within the main terminal offer a Commuter pass for $15/month ($180/yr). Provide the proper ID and credentials. I now have a card w/magnetic strip and have access to a separate parking lot.

Worth a try.

That is incorrect. You cannot deduct vehicle expenses unless they are business related.

So if you're employer requires you to park somewhere for your job but doesn't pay the fee required to actually park there, that is not deductable?

p.s. I'm not trying to say you're wrong, just looking for info. My wife is in that type of situation.

Latest resources

Back