Park the guppys enter Trans State Holdings

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Volasl

TOKYO (Dow Jones)--Mitsubishi Aircraft Corp. said Friday that it had secured a second customer for its planned regional jet, with an order for up to 100 aircraft from U.S.-based Trans States Holdings.
The memorandum of understanding with Trans States follows a series of design changes that includes a new 100-seat version of the MRJ, with first deliveries to launch customer All Nippon Airways Inc. (9202.TO) expected in early 2014.
Mitsubishi Aircraft, a 64%-held subsidiary of Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd. (7011.TO), is attempting to break the near-duopoly in the regional jet market held by Brazil???s Embraer and Bombardier Inc. of Canada, but faces rival new offerings from state-backed manufacturers in Russia and China.
While the U.S. remains the world???s largest market for regional jets, the sector has been hit hard by the financial plight of major network airlines, which contract most of the aircraft from third-party franchise operators. Dozens of jets have been parked in the desert as falling traffic and high fuel prices made them uneconomic even as major airlines pushed through tougher contracts with their regional partners.
Missouri-based Trans States operates flights on behalf of the United Airlines unit of UAL Corp. (UAUA) and US Airways Inc. (LCC).
The MOU includes 50 firm orders and 50 options.
The company operates two subsidiaries, Trans States Airlines and GoJet Airlines, and Mitsubishi said it is looking at all three versions of the MRJ, which range from 78 to 100 seats.
All Nippon has 15 firm orders and 10 options for the aircraft.
Mitsubishi Aircraft announced major design changes to the MRJ last month, delaying its planned first flight by six months until the second quarter of 2012.
-By Hiroyuki Kachi, Dow Jones Newswires; 813-6895-7562; [email protected]
(Doug Cameron contributed to this article)

If scope relief is given up by ual or lcc pilots for 100 seats they might was well shut the place down and liquidate now instead of drawing out the pain. Imagine how much healthier the rest of the industry would be with that much capacity taken out of the system.

If scope relief is given up by ual or lcc pilots for 100 seats they might was well shut the place down and liquidate now instead of drawing out the pain. Imagine how much healthier the rest of the industry would be with that much capacity taken out of the system.

After all of the layoffs there, 75% of the remaining pilots are 58 or over, and they are all looking for a pay raise! They don't care anymore.

Bye Bye--General Lee

After all of the layoffs there, 75% of the remaining pilots are 58 or over, and they are all looking for a pay raise! They don't care anymore.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General,
DAL contract 2012 will be asking for SCOPE above 76 seats. You being a "wide body F/O", would you be willing to cave in on SCOPE and allow 76-100 seat RJ at DAL? (inquiring minds want to know)...

Hi!

I'm sure he would love to have RJs at DAL. It is much better than having Mesa flying them in DAL colors! I would LOVE to fly an RJ for DAL!

cliff
NBO

General,
DAL contract 2012 will be asking for SCOPE above 76 seats. You being a "wide body F/O", would you be willing to cave in on SCOPE and allow 76-100 seat RJ at DAL? (inquiring minds want to know)...

NO WAY. My new saying: "Relief for Scope? HELL NOPE."

Bye Bye--General Lee

Hi!

I'm sure he would love to have RJs at DAL. It is much better than having Mesa flying them in DAL colors! I would LOVE to fly an RJ for DAL!

cliff
NBO

Correct Cliff, we would welcome RJ's 76-100 seats at mainline...flown by mainline DAL pilots for mainline wages and nothing less. The days of buying scope relief for 777 rate increases is O. V. E. R....OVER. Without exception every DAL pilot I have had this conversation with feels this way...including 76ER captains who realistically could hold the 777 the last 5 or so years before retiring. The other HUGE realization from the top down is that scope also can and will impact the widebodies. Anyone who doubts this take one look at the current mess with UAL/Air Lingus, et al.

I could care less if they give me a C2K wages + inflation and cola.....if I am scoped out of a job the wage does NOT matter.

Rant over, I need a drink but can't on my meds....this sucks....

Latest resources

Back