• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pan Am Clipper Connection

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I would post like a real guy but then you bring this union crap into it. Besides you who are obsessed with aviation; the PAX don't study airlines.

Now Erie: 2 hours.
Akron: 1 hour
Cleveland - Pittsburgh: 1.5 hours

So get your facts straight,

BTW: 3 other airlines are talking and rather close to coming.. I won't say which but I will say a few cities: VEGAS-MYRTLE BEACH-ATLANTA-CINCY-WASHINGTON-MORE FLORIDA SPOTS

TR4A said:
In this photo of Gate 1 there is picture that appears to be Howard Hughes' HK-1 Hercules (aka Spruce Goose). What is the connection with this upstart Pan Am and the "flying boat"? Are they trying to show the passengers the history of this airline?

I flew for Pan American World Airways and this is not the original Pan Am.

My old man was a PAA pilot for 25 years, and I was a PAE pilot (still have a PAA seniority number)..... You are 100% correct....... This is a disgrace to the name that pioneered passenger travel........Heck, as it's a scab operation, it's a disgrace to all real airlines.....

Last edited:
There a very poor airline in all areas, we used to charter them when they where based out of FLL. Poor service, support and they don't give a F, about people like myself who had chartered there 727s

They use to have some good guys about a year before they moved, most left or got booted out....

I rememeber one time we had to used a LakerAir DC-10 just before they went out of business, nearly lost us a contact we had. Luckly for them we settled out of court...

NuGuy said:
Heyas YNG,

Looks like your airline has some "issues". Enjoy!

http://www.seacoastonline.com/news/07272005/business/54792.htm

Man, this is too good....

Nu

Pease airline admits false documents

By Michael McCord
[email protected]

PORTSMOUTH - Boston-Maine Airways, which operates flights out of Pease Airport, has admitted that its former legal counsel submitted false financial information documents to a federal agency.

The latest revelations by Boston-Maine, the successor company to Pan Am, came as the company is requesting certification to expand its fleet of Boeing 727 aircraft from three to seven planes. The company now flies out of Portsmouth with the name of Pan Am Clipper Connection.

In reviewing the airline’s certification request, William Bertram, a U.S. Department of Transportation official, had questioned the conduct of former Boston-Maine Airways general counsel John Nadolny and called for "further investigation" into Boston-Maine’s ethical standards.

Responding to Betram, Boston-Maine said in legal documents filed with the DOT Tuesday that during an internal investigation it discovered Nadolny had falsified investment account and cash balance amounts in documents submitted to the DOT as evidence of the company’s fiscal viability to run an airline.

The company said there was a "substantial discrepancy" in the amounts submitted by Nadolny and bank records at the time. The company did not include the exact dollar amount of the discrepancies in Tuesday’s filing. But the company said its senior management felt "shock and astonishment" about the discrepancies and that an "expanded investigation is now under way" into Nadolny’s actions which the company called a "stunning betrayal."

The company said that Nadolny "acknowledged altering the figures" and "offered no explanation." But Boston-Maine insisted that Nadolny acted alone and that senior management knew nothing about the incidents. The company said it has reported these events to the Massachusetts Bar and "will cooperate with any investigation that might result."

In June, the airline admitted that that Nadolny had forged a surety bond as part of a legal settlement with some of its former pilots. The company said that Nadolny had resigned from his positions with Boston-Maine, Pan Am and other related companies to the parent firm, Guilford Transportation, which is owned mostly by Timothy Mellon, an heir to the Mellon Bank family fortune.

A lawyer with the Airline Pilot’s Association, which is opposing Boston-Maine’s certification, said the latest revelations only confirm ALPA’s contention that Boston-Maine is unfit to run a public-serving airline.

"This is unprecedented and as bad as we thought," said Marcus Migliore, a senior attorney for the Air Line Pilot’s Association, from his office in Washington.

"We don’t believe and don’t find it credible at all that Mr. Nadolny acted alone. That’s not how they (Boston-Maine) work. This does relate directly to their fitness to run an airline," Migliore said.

Telephone messages seeking comment were not returned by Boston-Maine attorneys in Portsmouth and Washington. Attempts to contact Nadolny also were unsuccessful. In previous filings, Boston-Maine has accused the ALPA of personally attacking the airline’s management team and trying to drive it out of business. Boston-Maine said in Tuesday’s filing that soon it will submit "new and verified evidence of its working capital" to the DOT "that will further prove the uninterrupted financial fitness" of the airline.

YNG,

You ain't got a clue what you are talking about and you are quite naive and uneducated when it comes to this airport. Does Vacation Express ring a bell?. I kind of thought so, this will also be a "flop" if it ever get's underway which it likely will. It has nothing to do with the airline or it's pilots, it has everything to do with the market. Smoking hole in the ground waiting to happen?. Not likely at all and that comment is fueled by nothing more than emotion but YNG is not a market that will be able to survive let alone succeed. It doesn't require a rocket scientist to take a look back at former carriers Mesa (Airways Express), Airlink, etc, all could not turn a profit and service stopped. When IBM cut back, steel mills closed, etc, that marked the end of the need for scheduled service in and out of YNG. It is merely common sense and judging by your responses you are surely lacking in that area. This sounds like it is coming from either Harshman or one of his cronies, sad but this joy ride likely will not last.

I would post like a real guy but then you bring this union crap into it. Besides you who are obsessed with aviation; the PAX don't study airlines.

Correct but airlines do study the markets and I would question your sanity if you thought otherwise. This has little to do with what pax "study" and everything to do with the market or I should say lack there of out of YNG. History does not lie, all you need to do is look back at the carriers that serviced this airport in the past.

I sure hope this is nothing more than flaim bait, sadly I think it is not.

Last edited:
Unions (ALPA) per se

Thirty-five years of "closed shop" union dues gave me nothing but the most expensive magazine ever published. They are not there for you...they are there for themselves.

YNGAirport said:
almosr funny since my connection is 45 mb per second on my wireless network at home

YNGAirport,

In addition to your obvious lack of understanding in the aviation industry, you clearly lack computer knowledge. Your wireless connection speed on your wireless network has nothing to do with your internet connection speed. The more you post the more you harm Pan Am Clipper Connection and Youngstown.

I guess yng loser took his toy and went home.

who gave this thread 3 stars?

That guy is a loser. I'd love to know what other forums he's on. Airliners.net comes to mind.

Latest resources

Back