• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
MalteseX said:
I do not know this person either, but I do know he is the type of guy that sues a company for not getting hired.... something that almost ALL of us have experienced at some time in our aviation careers. THAT says a lot about the individual.

Getting sued does not make a company change policies ....LOSING lawsuits do. Evidently JB has been winning (or settling out of court).
Yea, it's only good to sue an employer if you're in the union and you use a union lawyer...cause it's for the greater good, right?

If a pilot was on airline property and was in good standing with a union, they'd have stinking lawyers on this so fast it would make your head spin.

I think a lot of people are either very naive or very two faced.

While you're at it, ponder this for a second. Would someone knowingly wreck any chance they had at all for being hired by all the rest of the airlines by filing a civil suit, if they had a loser case or were just making it up?

Think about it, it can take a long time to get your case to court and even then the defendant has the right to appeal a judgement from the initial case. That could stretch out forever. Why would someone take on the risk and expense of a such a trial, knowing it would jeopardize any chance they had of applying elsewhere?

MalteseX said:
I do not know this person either, but I do know he is the type of guy that sues a company for not getting hired
MalteseX said:
If you were told you were not hired because of you race, religion, ethnicity, creed, color, what would you do. Please, in your infinite wisdom enlighten us with your devine knowledge. Do you turn a blind eye....I SERIOUSLY DOUBT IT!

.... something that almost ALL of us have experienced at some time in our aviation careers.

Possibly getting rejected is part the game, but not because of the the reason JB gave him.

THAT says a lot about the individual.

The constitution and civil rights laws are afforded to everyone who were unjustly wronged by companies or individuals. Unfortunately, giving the US history, these laws are needed to protect us from this type of behavior. Past behavior pattern is indicative of future trend.

Getting sued does not make a company change policies ....LOSING lawsuits do. Evidently JB has been winning (or settling out of court).

You obviously don't know your history... In one example, of course there are others, United Airline was sue for discrimmination of woman and minorities. Walmart sued for discrimination against women. Settling out of court does not mean you won, it only means you have a greater chance of losing your case if it goes to trial. If you have to settle out of court, especially if one feels they have a case, you are admitting guilt...PERIOD!

Last edited:
Not necessarily, my friend. Sometimes the incredibly high cost to defend yourself, with the thought that you NEVER know how a jury may lean on the issue (think OJ), has your insurance carrier making an offer to settle. Many, many times justice has nothing to do with it. Just finances.

Hung

in regards to the question of why he had an OK background check at INDY so how could he fail the JB background check. background checks are a snapshot taken at the time its done. JB's check happened 6 years after the INDY check. there's 6 years of history that wasnt included on the INDY check. who knows what happened since his INDY background check. you cant say one good check means all the rest have to be good.

i dont pretend to know if he was rightfully refused a job or not, just something to think about.

dash8driver said:
i dont pretend to know if he was rightfully refused a job or not, just something to think about.
If airline management was so great at this, that and the other thing, what is the need for airline labor unions?

What is obvious to me is that if jetblue was "racist" against middleastern people they would not have interviewed him. Based on his name alone you could tell where he is from. Jetblue only interviews people they want to hire and they pay for everything in the interview process. Something flagged on the background check that caused this issue. I had a friend that got turned down at the last minute because of a background check issue at jetblue. Life sucks move on. He was a white man so he could not sue, but he was smart enough to move on and get a job at another airline.

hateairlines said:
What is obvious to me is that if jetblue was "racist" against middleastern people they would not have interviewed him. Based on his name alone you could tell where he is from. Jetblue only interviews people they want to hire and they pay for everything in the interview process. Something flagged on the background check that caused this issue. I had a friend that got turned down at the last minute because of a background check issue at jetblue. Life sucks move on. He was a white man so he could not sue, but he was smart enough to move on and get a job at another airline.
You nailed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back