Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to see this happen to Faisal. I worked with him at IDE and he was always very professional and a good guy to work with.

furloughed dude said:
That actually sounds gay...

...Not that there's anything wrong with that...

Jerry, George, Elaine, and Kramer

If this guy had been flying for Indy for 6 years what the hell happend to make him a security threat? He looks like hes fighting this tooth and nail, usually guilty people don't do that.

And to the guys so willing to toss a guy to the curb because of his religion: do you really want this country headed that way? Where a person can be denied employment because of their religious beliefs? I sure as hell don't. Remember what/why this country was founded on. This guy should get a fair shot, even if something did come up on his background check he should have a chance to fight it and explain his story. Hell wasn't there a senator on a blacklist? If the guy wanted to blow some people up, he would have by now.

IF what this guy says is true in that he had a plane ticket....he'd gone pretty far though the process, like a class date, right???

Somethings fishy.

ultrarunner said:
IF what this guy says is true in that he had a plane ticket....he'd gone pretty far though the process, like a class date, right???

Somethings fishy.

I showed up in class and didn't get cleared for 2 weeks. During that 2 weeks I could have been shown the door if I didn't get a clean background check. Pretty common at the time, we had a lot of guys coming through and the backgrounds started lagging. Now with less pilots in training, I guess they found something before he actaully showed.

ultrarunner said:

Somethings fishy.

Not really fishy at all , you may receive an offer of employment, class date, ticket etc. and even sit in class pending the final outcome of you background check.

AirBadger said:
And to the guys so willing to toss a guy to the curb because of his religion: do you really want this country headed that way? Where a person can be denied employment because of their religious beliefs?

Darn straight I do! This is America! If a company doesn't want to hire you because you have too many letters in your name, it is their RIGHT to do so. All of this PC crap has got to end, or it is going to take this great country right down the crapper. It is NOT the governments place to tell private companies and individuals how to conduct business... it is up to the businesses to decide & the marketplace to judge their decisions.

The unfortunate thing about background checks is "guilt by association." If this gentleman has relatives, friendships or acquaintances that have known connections with possible terrorist activity, then the company is justified in their decision. Jetblue will have to give an awful good reason why they pulled his trip to Orlando.

:pimp:

So far you are only hearing his side of the story.

I knew Faisal, too. He was a good guy. But when he had a problem in RJ training, his story and the story from the checkairmen were very different. His FO's story matched the checkairmen's.

It seemed to me at the time that Faisal wanted to play the victim. It looks like he stepped it up a notch this time.

RedBelly said:
Darn straight I do! This is America! If a company doesn't want to hire you because you have too many letters in your name, it is their RIGHT to do so. All of this PC crap has got to end, or it is going to take this great country right down the crapper. It is NOT the governments place to tell private companies and individuals how to conduct business... it is up to the businesses to decide & the marketplace to judge their decisions.

Yet there are laws that counter your post....

You are a prime recruitment target for a hate group....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back