• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pagan, Wiccan, Druid worship area at USAFA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100201/ap_on_re_us/us_air_force_academy_earth_religion_3

We always knew the AF highly reveres golf and other outdoor recreational and leisure activities above all else. This recent focus on Earth-centered religious worship is right in line with the existing culture.

Last I checked the Constitution guarantees a persons right to religious freedom. If you had ever actually been in the service and weren't a complete poser you'd know there are all walks of life in the uniform.

Whats your point... tool box?

Last I checked the Constitution guarantees a persons right to religious freedom. If you had ever actually been in the service and weren't a complete poser you'd know there are all walks of life in the uniform.

Whats your point... tool box?

If the president gets his way, he might get to finally join.

Just dandy.
I see that someone(s) put a large wooden cross in their pagen/druid/whatever worship ring. Apparently, that has flag officers up in arms. And some are claiming it's a "hate crime".
Can it get any crazier?

What would they say if someone put a pentagram in the middle of the chapel....I'm sure that wouldn't go over well either.

Everyone is free to worship whatever mythology they choose. I would hope as some of the brightest in the country, more cadets would begin to chose "none of the above".

Yes, they are free to choose. It's "religious freedom". But it is not "religious accomodation" for all.

And I take exception to you pushing your faith. Stating that as "the brightest" they should embrace agnosticism or atheism is ridiculous.
Had I posted the smartest should embrace my Christian faith, you would probably have take offense.

I don't have a "faith". Like Mark Twain said, "Faith is believing what you know ain't so."
It doesn't take intelligence to believe what you've been told since you were a baby; it doesn't take intelligence to accept as fact something written thousands of years ago. It takes intelligence to step back from things you that have been beaten in to your head and examine the evidence, to use actual rational thought in your decision making. That's what I meant. There is no doubt there are intelligent people in all faiths, but they don't chose their religion because of their intellect, they chose religion for other, more emotional reasons. But of course, you "know Him" and have a personal relationship with "Him", and he speaks to you, and you "know" it to be the truth. Just like every other religious person in the world. No one believes that garbage and thinks they're wrong.

I don't claim to "know" anything, other than the evidence I see and the science done up to this point. To claim otherwise, would be the height of arrogance.

What do pagan's worship? Just curious.
Pagan is a very broad term and by itself not very descriptive. Like any religion, much of the beliefs are unique to the particular subset of adherants. I tend to just think of them more as celebrating Mother Earth and "nature" based beliefs.

I do know the reason Dec 25th was chosen as Christ's birth was the fact it was toward's the end of Winter Solstice and as such a great holiday to incorporate so as to get more converts to Christianity. In fact, much of Christian tradition was borrowed from Paganism, from baptism to communion, it all was there long before Christianity. But don't let facts get in the way of a good fairy tale. :rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back