• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

P180 Vs. Phenom 300 - Avantair Ad

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey Moron-the P180 can fly from NYC-MIA non-stop within 20 mins of the P300. Longer legs than your RJ. How's that for "discussion?"

Besides, check this out...
http://www.ainonline.com/news/singl...ll-the-new-piaggio-aero-p1xx-look-like-29785/

EBACE 2011: Large Cabin or Extra Tanks? What Will the New Piaggio Aero P1XX Look Like?
By: Liz Moscrop
May 19, 2011
Business Aviation Aircraft

New Piaggio Aero general manager Eligio Trombetta was in bullish form at EBACE as he outlined plans for the new P1XX jet, the next aircraft to join the Italian airframer’s stable. And it seems that the new model will be more of a step up from the existing P.180 Avanti than some had imagined.
“The P1XX ideally will go beyond Europe,” he said. One of Piaggio’s key shareholders is India’s Tata group and its intercontinental ambitions could mean that a London-Mumbai city pair would be just the sort of reach being targeted for Piaggio’s first jet. At a distance of 3,900 nm, this would mean a 2,440-nm range increase over the P.180 Avanti II, which can fly for 1,450 nm. To achieve this extension, the OEM would have to either increase the cabin and engine sizes, which would come into the large-cabin, 7,000-pound-thrust category, or add fuel capacity.

I think you are the Moron. I guess he can't ask questions on an open forum board? Time to go "discuss" more life lessons with the only lady in your life, your MOM. Say hi to her for me.

Bye Bye---General Lee

This is the kind of thread that gives Flight Info such a great reputation for rational discourse.

Typical Flightinfo.... I started this post because I saw an interesting ad in the WSJ comparing two aircraft that I didn't necessarily think were considered "direct" competitors. That was the point... I thought it was an interesting comparison. I knew people had their own opinions (and hoped they would express them) but I didn't expect personal insults.

Thanks to those people who were professional and not insulting.

Don't know where they get there numbers from, but it took me 17 mins to FL450 and go coast to coast with a total fuel burn of 650lbs per hour in the 300. IJS

Not that I don't believe you...but that kills Embraer's own published performance. Not just beats them, but KILLS them. Much, MUCH better than another guy I know who flies a P300 who said you have to fly FL450 and LRC to get it to "sip fuel".

City pairs?

Cruise mach?

Time enroute?

Payload?

Last edited:
I do think the Jury is still out on the 300. There isn't enough of them flying yet to really know how good they are. The cabin sure does look nice and the cockpit is very clean but that does not mean that this will be a great airplane.

That 20 minutes you save on a trip with the jet >> thats time that the customer "WANTS to save"

The P180 ain't exactly miserly with its required field distances...approach speeds around 125kts with no anti-skid.

So props are for poor people? Never met ya, but I'd be willing to bet that you're an ass!

Don't be such a sensitive putz. He is 100% right on what he said...some people just do not like to ride on TP's, get over it. Some would rather spend the extra cash to be in a jet.

The P180 ain't exactly miserly with its required field distances...approach speeds around 125kts with no anti-skid.
I didn't know that. Never tried a P180... but would be very surprised to discover I would rather be landing a Citation on snow or slush.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back