P180 Vs. Phenom 300 - Avantair Ad

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

johnsonrod

I just opened up today's Wall St. Journal and noticed an interesting Avantair ad comparing the P180 to the Phenom 300. Among the comparisons in the ad:

Cabin volume:

Phenom 300: 325 cu ft
P180: 375 cu ft

Fuel Variable:

Phenom 300: $890/hr
P180: $360/hr

Year 1 Op Cost:

Phenom 300: $212,988
P180: $147,705

I guess if your flight profile as a customer is sub-500 mile trips and 4 or fewer passengers, the P180 sounds pretty compelling in comparison...

Discuss...

Last edited:
I believe the P180 can be considered a smart alternative to the Phenom 100, but the 300 is a different animal. That is a very impressive bird. It all depends on your mission and how much you are willing to pay. Hmmmm

I just opened up today's Wall St. Journal and noticed an interesting Avantair ad comparing the P180 to the Phenom 300. Among the comparisons in the ad:

Cabin volume:

Phenom 300: 325 cu ft
P180: 375 cu ft

Fuel Variable:

Phenom 300: $890/hr
P180: $360/hr

Year 1 Op Cost:

Phenom 300: $212,988
P180: $147,705

I guess if your flight profile as a customer is sub-500 mile trips and 4 or fewer passengers, the P180 sounds pretty compelling in comparison...

Discuss...

Hey Moron-the P180 can fly from NYC-MIA non-stop within 20 mins of the P300. Longer legs than your RJ. How's that for "discussion?"

Besides, check this out...
http://www.ainonline.com/news/singl...ll-the-new-piaggio-aero-p1xx-look-like-29785/

EBACE 2011: Large Cabin or Extra Tanks? What Will the New Piaggio Aero P1XX Look Like?
By: Liz Moscrop
May 19, 2011
Business Aviation Aircraft

New Piaggio Aero general manager Eligio Trombetta was in bullish form at EBACE as he outlined plans for the new P1XX jet, the next aircraft to join the Italian airframer’s stable. And it seems that the new model will be more of a step up from the existing P.180 Avanti than some had imagined.
“The P1XX ideally will go beyond Europe,” he said. One of Piaggio’s key shareholders is India’s Tata group and its intercontinental ambitions could mean that a London-Mumbai city pair would be just the sort of reach being targeted for Piaggio’s first jet. At a distance of 3,900 nm, this would mean a 2,440-nm range increase over the P.180 Avanti II, which can fly for 1,450 nm. To achieve this extension, the OEM would have to either increase the cabin and engine sizes, which would come into the large-cabin, 7,000-pound-thrust category, or add fuel capacity.

Last edited:
Hey Moron-the P180 can fly from NYC-MIA non-stop within 20 mins of the P300. Longer legs than your RJ. How's that for "discussion?"

http://www.ainonline.com/news/singl...ll-the-new-piaggio-aero-p1xx-look-like-29785/

EBACE 2011: Large Cabin or Extra Tanks? What Will the New Piaggio Aero P1XX Look Like?
May 19, 2011

New Piaggio Aero general manager Eligio Trombetta was in bullish form at EBACE as he outlined plans for the new P1XX jet, the next aircraft to join the Italian airframer’s stable. And it seems that the new model will be more of a step up from the existing P.180 Avanti than some had imagined.
“The P1XX ideally will go beyond Europe,” he said. One of Piaggio’s key shareholders is India’s Tata group and its intercontinental ambitions could mean that a London-Mumbai city pair would be just the sort of reach being targeted for Piaggio’s first jet. At a distance of 3,900 nm, this would mean a 2,440-nm range increase over the P.180 Avanti II, which can fly for 1,450 nm. To achieve this extension, the OEM would have to either increase the cabin and engine sizes, which would come into the large-cabin, 7,000-pound-thrust category, or add fuel capacity.

Thanks MORON. Dumba$$. I am well aware of the range - I am saying that for longer flights perhaps a jet might be the preferred way to go due to the speed difference - at least that is the customer perception. Get it? Am I typing too fast for you? I found the ad interesting and open for debate - don't shoot the messenger.

May 19, 2011

Little harsh, don't you think? You don't have to answer the post if you are going to be a jerk. I think it is an interesting comparison and I am sure a number of owners are making the same comparison with the FLOPS Phenom and the Avanti.

Don't know where they get there numbers from, but it took me 17 mins to FL450 and go coast to coast with a total fuel burn of 650lbs per hour in the 300. IJS

Latest resources

Back