Owner Speaks

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
at will

Corporate aviation, whether owned or fractionals, are for the most part always going to be "at will" because the aircraft involved are "at will".

EJM was not a company like Netjets and so why should anyone expect Netjets to take people over there if they do not want them. Different businesses and so different conditions. That airline mentality will not aways work elsewhere.

Doolittle thinks that the owner was robbed. Well the cost structure probably breaks over at about 325 hours depending on the aircraft. I f you are flying 400 hours, you should own the equipment and have your own department, unless of course, those 400 hours are from different bases in different parts of the country.

Publishers,
Executive Jet Management (EJM) is a division of NetJets (formerly Executive Jet Aviation), as is NetJets International (formerly Executive Jet International) so it is the same company. At least same owner. And the pilots that were let go were flying NetJet trips. We are even dispatched by Columbus (NetJets dispatch). The whole point of the "Float" was to back up Netjets. When the business slowed down, Netjets didn't need the backup so away went the "Float". So, not only same business but same "company". Didn't mean to turn this into EJM discussion, so back to the topic at hand.
:cool:

RE: NJA Owner

It's nice to know you appreciate your pilots and common courtesy is a two-way street. I may be a little late in responding to your initial post as there are numerous replies back and forth. It is a customer service industry and one has to balance costs with revenue. I have seen this at Airways, we are losing our flying to the lower cost contract carriers because they are cheaper to operate. While I am out of a job, it makes sense at the business level. Yet customer service is what the customer wants and should get. Too many don't understand this, yet excellent service and putting customer first doesn't cost anything and the dividends are something are immeasurable. But because it can't be quantified, it oftens get neglected.

Thanks Air Wolf

I was aware of the relationships.

My point was that they are not the same business. Many companies have divisions or separate companies doing different things.

EJM was a company designed to offer management services. As long as they have managed aircraft to oversee, they have a need for pilots to fly them. Netjets may have been a customer for some of their business.

EJI is again something different.

While a company may want to make opportunities in one of their other ventures available to the ones in others, that is not an obligation on their part.

I am currently involved with a company that has many branches or other sites. As I and the others who run them are totally responsible for the profit or loss, the company does not dictate who we hire. So if someone from another branch or division wanted to come here, we may give them some interview preference but we have no obligation to take them.

Just to beat a dead horse...

Publishers,

Copied from “NJA Capt” post,
"--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Jolimon
I may be mistaken, but as far as I know EJM is simply a management company managing aircraft for corporations or private individuals.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EJM is foremost a charter company. The managed a/c are managed under that certificate. Until recently, they owned approx 10 aircraft dedicated to both charter and NetJets support."

The 40 guys that were let go flew these 10 a/c. Same business, same company, same customers, same dispatch, same catering, same briefing sheets, same playing cards on board, different uniform, not part of the Union, same triple H Hilton from Hell in Hasbrook Heights (TEB)………:eek: :rolleyes:

Point made, horse is dead, and the guys are still out of a job....

Pay doesn't equal safe

"If you are truly an owner then you must realize that the safety of your family and yourself is of the utmost importance.
To have the most qualified and safest pilots there are you must pay them the wage they deserve ...................."

I just like the rest of us know 30,000 dollar pilots that have crashed aircraft as well as 300,000 dollar pilots that have done the same.

Latest resources

Back