• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Owner Speaks

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey Trainer Jet, I'm glad you don't want to work for the frax. We don't want your type here anyway. Just don't come crying to us for a job when you get furloughed!

Timebuilder .. my ideas come from NYC too. About 112 blocks uptown from your school on the #1 line. Do you know where that is?? Except when I went their the local coffee shop was Choc' Full o' Nuts for $0.30 not Starbucks for $5 a cup.

If you think customers (owners) do not have influence, look at the effects of the "dolphin safe tuna" campaign and campaign to have kathy Lee, Walmart, Nike stop using child labor to make their products. Customer perception is important. Not that I want my fees to increase, but if I believe I am getting better pilots for a $1000 increase in my monthy fee (over $13000), and I realize not the entire $1000 will go to the pilots, I and most other NJA owners are not going to go back to waiting in line at Continental Terminal C at Newark.

Misunderstood

I was misunderstrood on 2 points.

1. I never said you are not hungry. Just if you don't like the food don't tell the Company I complained. In fact, I have shared several meals with the crew when catering forgot your order.

2. I know you can not predict all turbulance. You do not have a crystal ball. Just do not complain to me or Columbus when a drink gets spilled because of the turbulance.

About 112 blocks uptown from your school on the #1 line.

That would have to be Columbia. I remember the students taking over the administration building for a sit-in! Those were some fun days. I had a button on my coat that said "Student Mobilization Committee". :D

the local coffee shop was Choc' Full o' Nuts for $0.30 not Starbucks for $5 a cup.

We didn't have a Chock Full o' Nuts. I would stop at the University Deli for a "coffee regular". Our chain store was ZUM ZUM. I can't remember paying more than $.50. The BMT line was $.25. Now, I have to buy a Metrocard, and the ride is $2.00, and there is no longer a BMT or IRT line. Sheesh.

..look at the effects of the "dolphin safe tuna" campaign and campaign to have kathy Lee, Walmart, Nike stop using child labor to make their products. Customer perception is important.

I agree that these examples are good ones, but they are ALL mass marketed consumer items.

Fractional jet ownership isn't the same as those mass marketing companies who have high consumer visibility. Public perceptions, by their very nature, are based on a great number of people reacting with feelings in regard to an aspect of the business. This is the reason why advertising works.

In fractional ownership, a very small number of customers, compared to the number of WalMArt customers, for example, are the consumers. Because the number of customers is so small, issues involving pilot quality of life won't make it on to the radar screen of the vast majority of Americans. You won't hear a news piece on Entertainment Tonight about the exploitation (old activist term) of pilots, or the many years spent living in abject poverty in order to qualify for a job that may or may not pay even a middle class income. Your wife won't be stopped in the supermarket by a friend to discuss regional jets or scope. Your kids won't have a discussion in civics class about the legal discrimination of the age 60 rule.

Trying to reach the fractional owner or charter owner with issues that are outside of his normal area of concern are folly. He already likes or doesn't like the service his company provides, and none of those issues that are of interest to pilots are of any great interest to him. In fact, the reason he is a fractional owner in the first place is so that he can AVOID having to deal with pilot issues!

No, getting the owners involved with pilot issues will only serve to anger the management, and dissipate the energy pilots need to focus on those who must pay attention.

I rode the number one line this past Tuesday, for the first time in 31 years. I used to be a broadcaster, and I'm working on a new audition CD for the guys over on Madison ave. Every pilot needs a backup skill, right?

Thanks for the conversation.

Okay--this is the last time I will waste my time in reference to this thread--but I have to point out that NJA Owner is obviously not an NJA Owner-but some misguided soul that feels important if they are able to get someone to bite on their Flame Bait.
First of all this would never, I say again never-happen
NJAowner said:

"I did not appreciate the call from Owner Services becasue the pilot did not like the box lunch."
Obviously you are not familiar with our program since you have made such a statement.

And
NJAowner said:

"I know you can not predict all turbulance. You do not have a crystal ball. Just do not complain to me or Columbus when a drink gets spilled because of the turbulance."
I have no idea what you are getting at here-cause this also would never happen-lets use common sense-why would a crew complain to an owner or the company about Turbulence(thats how its correctly spelled) or for any drinks being spilled-after all its the "Owners Airplane!" thats why they buy a share in it.

Please get a spelling dictionary before you try to pass yourself off as an owner-Aka a Highly Successful Person.

Lastly-I recommend all NJA Pilots and others do as I am now doing-hit the Ignore Button for this profile.

Fly Safe
Chuck

BBJ Pilot -- I agree with your closing paragraph and that is part of what I have been trying to say. Also, like a drug addict, once you start flying frax, you do not want to go back and will make other cuts before you give up the plane.

cgmason -- my meal and the pilots' came from an Albertson's supermarket somewhere in the Mountain time zone. In the small town it is where the FBO gets catering. A few mid-quality cold cut slices on white bread or a hamburger roll constitutes the sandwich platter, along with the pre-made Del Monte fruit bowl and tossed salads. Hey, I don't fly for the food. The pilot did not like her/his turkey on a hamburger roll, aplogozed to me in flight that the catering was not up to NJA standards (I said I did not mind). 2 days later owner services calls and apologizes to me for the catering and said the pilot relayed my complaint. I had no complaint. Now different flight, with the turbulence, my son and daughter spilled Coke - some on the side carpeting under the windows. That along with the fact that the caterer put a bowl of pickles and lettuce & tomates along side of the sandwiches which the crew secured in the lav on top of their flight bags. Between the straps and the turbulence, the container was tilted and the pickle "juice" leaked out between the lid and tghe bottom of the container onto the lav floor and the crew bags. I guess when the plane smelled of pickles and had spilled Coke (I never fill the plastic up more than 1/2 full), the crew informed someone that we "trashed the plane". Owner Services called and said that the condition the plane was left when we departed was "not accpetable" and they would appreciate it if we were neater on board.

learflyer said:
Hey Trainer Jet, I'm glad you don't want to work for the frax. We don't want your type here anyway. Just don't come crying to us for a job when you get furloughed!

Not to worry, mate. Like I said, I'd rather clean the toilets at the Y. Plus, you're at least 10 times more likely to lose your job at your particular frac than I am at my particular airline. So, don't worry about me. Just try not to drag your tie in the honey bucket.;)

Just kidding...really, I have nothing against the frac pilots. Every one that I know are great guys. I'm just not the least bit interested in dealing with the "owners".

Last edited:
Actually, the color of our ties kind of match the color of some of the contents in the lav! So I guess i'm not hurting it that much!

So where's the web page I can go to read about what going on with upper management. Any salary or union problems? I think not? In fact the CEO of American made so much money off his pilots he uses Flight Options now to jet him around on vacations after he left the company.

Latest resources

Back