Overtime Pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

IBT1108PIC

Can you guys give me a general rundown of how the overtime or extra pay perks work at your companies?

1) Paid extra over 12 or 14 hrs of duty?

2) Paid extra for going out early or getting home late?

3) Is the OT a standard 1.5 of day pay?

Thanks for the info:

Needed:
NJ
CS
FLEX
XO

Nj

1. Overtime for over 12 hours but not over 14 hours... if its flight duty. No incentive to be unsafe and work more than 14 hours while flying.

2. First day before 0800L. Overtime(Undertime). Plus if you start before 0800 (first day) ... Overtime begins again after you have been on duty 9 hrs.

Last day ... if you are not home by midnight ... you get two Extended days pay ... 2 X 1.5 (normal daily rate).

3. Yes overtime is 1.5 times daily/hourly rate.

NJI

1. Zip...until November 20, 2010.

2. Zip for early, zip for late with a couple exceptions (over 18 hours or home arrival after 0500 on go-home day)...until November 20, 2010.

3. Extended day is base salary / 182 x 1.5. Hourly OT is...zip. Until November 20, 2010.

Is it November yet?

NJI

1. Zip...until November 20, 2010.

2. Zip for early, zip for late with a couple exceptions (over 18 hours or home arrival after 0500 on go-home day)...until November 20, 2010.

3. Extended day is base salary / 182 x 1.5. Hourly OT is...zip. Until November 20, 2010.

Is it November yet?
I assume you mean after 5am on the day AFTER your go home day.

I assume you mean after 5am on the day AFTER your go home day.

Correctamundo. If the airline snafu's and we get home after 5 AM on day 8, we get a choice of ONE extended day or a comp day off. If you get home after midnight, you get a comp day off. If your airline blocks in at 11:59, bupkus.

Until November 20th, 2010. (Actually, the 21st is more correct. That is the day the contract will actually go into effect)

Can you guys give me a general rundown of how the overtime or extra pay perks work at your companies?

Thanks for the info:

Needed:
NJ
CS
FLEX
XO

I don't think you will get a response from anyone at Flex or CA. NJ is the only other frac that has rules like the ones you describe.

I wonder why that is?

Ca

CA

1) Day 7 only, see #2

2) OT day for arrivals after 0000L day 8 or after 16hrs duty on day 7 (work+ travel to base)(will also provide hotel on arrival at base if requested, if too tired to drive home)

3) OT= 1.5x daily rate

X

Thanks for the info:

Needed:
NJ
CS
FLEX
XO

Flex:

1.) Hourly OT starts at 12 hrs (day rate/12 = hrly OT Rate)

2.) Paid extra for earlystarts (before 0500 local) on first day. If not home by midnight then paid an OT day in addition to last day regular day.

3.) The OT day rate is determined by seniority, seat and equipment.

Flex:

1.) Hourly OT starts at 12 hrs (day rate/12 = hrly OT Rate)

2.) Paid extra for earlystarts (before 0500 local) on first day. If not home by midnight then paid an OT day in addition to last day regular day.

3.) The OT day rate is determined by seniority, seat and equipment.

Ok, I stand corrected. Just curious, when you say, "Paid extra for earlystarts (before 0500 local). How is that defined? If, for instance, you had a 6am airline scheduled, when would you be considered on duty?

Latest resources

Back