• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Overheard on ATC

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
...another ATL delay...we're all shut down. I'm in 'hotel mode' in the ATRah...I asked ground if she was sure we'd be sitting there for a while cause "we have some folks that need to use the potty". she says

"yea it'll be a while, potty use is approved and cleared for number 2"

of course a few other guys chimed in on that one.

kmox29 said:
It's always amazing how many people have actually heard ATC conversations like this one above or the "F'ing bored, not stupid" one.

I wonder how many people have actually heard this one too:

Center: Airline XYZ please expidite descent to cross [intersection] at 11,000
Airline XYZ: Ahh, unable [intersection] at 11,000
Center: Don't you guys have airbrakes on that thing?
Airline XYZ: Airbrakes are for our screwups, not yours.

Just like all the people who have claimed to have heard the exchange about
telling the professional pilots to remove their gear pins. Or about when
so and so was going to remove the "training wheels" from their DC-10-30.

whatfuelpolicy said:
Yeah.......I'm gonna have to go ahead and raise the BS flag on this one. N118AT belongs to ATP and was acquired by ATP in early 2000 new from the Piper store. I was employed by ATP from the time that N118AT was delivered until recently. Never had any pilots with accents like that and furthermore, ATP aircraft were not supposed to be going into KDAB unless approved by Dispatch, which I never approved. Chances are, if it was in a mid-east accent and actually happened, it was either Ari-Ben, ERAU, or DCA.
It is a true story. I was an instructor at Phoenix East from 2001 thru 2003. They had lots of forgein students and a number of airplanes that ended in Alpha Tango. I was there that day and the student was mine. I never said it was 118AT. I don't remember the tail number. We were in a Warrior that day, so the tail number would have been something between 134AT and 140AT.

"Speedbird 123 can you make 190 by XYZ?"

"I'm sure we can but we won't be able to bring the aircraft with us I'm afraid."

Heard somewhere back in the 80's IIRC

(ZAU Center) : Calling Chicago Center say again?

(Unnamed FO) : Your MOM.

(ZAU Center) : No Pal, Your Mom.

(Unnamed FO) : Let's not bering Nancy into this.

Last edited:
(un named FO) Delays to Swann depatures thats unusual...
(un named CA) You're unusual.....
(un named FO) You!
(un named CA) You!

Last edited:
Uh there were NO delays over Swann, that was a fun night. The ATIS should have mentioned moderate death all quadrants.

Jack Mehoff said:
(un named FO) Delays to Swan depatures thats unusual...
(un named CA) You're unusual.....
(un named FO) You!
(un named CA) You!

8HourPilot said:
Uh there were NO delays over Swann, that was a fun night. The ATIS should have mentioned moderate death all quadrants.

The best part was sitting out on the ramp 30 feet from the gate for 3 hours with a full plane and an MEL'd lav.

With that blonde hair and morally casual attitude, even you could get laid in three hours at the gate.

Jack Mehoff said:
The best part was sitting out on the ramp 30 feet from the gate for 3 hours with a full plane and an MEL'd lav.

and with you having the title of the best 8 hour pilot ever. I bet all the skanky FA's are all up on your junk! yeah baaby

Latest resources

Back