Overheard on ATC

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CF34-3B1 said:
Heard this one from an old ATC'er who swears it happened. If you spent any time around DAB you'll appreciate it.

N118AT: (In your best mid east accent) Daytona Approaching Controll, I am Vun Vun Eet Alpva Tango for landing instructions"

DAB App: 118AT say your position.

N118AT: Yes yes, for landing please.

DAB App: Sir, what is your position from Daytona?

N118AT: Dirka Dirka Mohammed Jihad (or something like that)

After a few more unsuccessful attempts:

DAB App: N118AT, are you over DeLand? (a GA field just outside the DAB class C)

N118AT: No, I am over dee water...................

Yeah.......I'm gonna have to go ahead and raise the BS flag on this one. N118AT belongs to ATP and was acquired by ATP in early 2000 new from the Piper store. I was employed by ATP from the time that N118AT was delivered until recently. Never had any pilots with accents like that and furthermore, ATP aircraft were not supposed to be going into KDAB unless approved by Dispatch, which I never approved. Chances are, if it was in a mid-east accent and actually happened, it was either Ari-Ben, ERAU, or DCA.

there were so mant alpha tangos owned by pheonix middle-east at one point, i'm sure he couldn't remember the exact tailnumber, but thanks for all your research

The Drizzle said:
but thanks for all your research

He didn't research it; he lived it! No plane from that school went ANYWHERE (unless a training flight to a pre-approved airport... with an instructor on board) unless HE said so.

The Drizzle said:
sounds like riddle

But it's pronounced "Ay Tee Pee."

oops

And it's spelled "Sig," but pronounced Dumb Arse.

Gotcha.

Last edited:
Gotta get "jacked" off the tug.:laugh:

Funny for two reasons. One... obvious... Two, the ATL rampies....

Down in ATL center, controller was rattling off instructions in his normal beat. Fairly busy, When Airtran checks on. Atl Ctr. answers Clittoris 101 roger.

Few mins go by...

Atl: Clittoris turn to head xxx....
After a few more times, we are rolling, I key in....did he just say Clittoris???

controller catches on, and now is dragging out the pronunciation, and giving Clittoris alot of attention.

Airtran boys didn't seemed amused at all. Few guys keyed up asking where the Clittoris was and such......made my day...

John Pennekamp said:
I was blasted by a Comair -700 once, and pretended to key the mike, but keyed the intercom. I said "Thanks for the blow job, Comair, that's the second time you f---ed us". My FO thought I transmitted and almost died.

How bad is that really? My captains swear that airplanes behind us can't even tell, I think they are crazy. I digress.

Atlanta, a thunderstorm overhead, every ramp is closed because of lightning, everyone who has starteed taxiing has their engines shut down. Some bright individual inquires about the delay...

"...ground what's the delay for?" (Here's your sign.)

Same delay, a few brave souls have tested the waters and departed. Things have started moving, but not very fast.

"Ground, Delta 123, can you give us a heads up when it's our turn? We don't want to get caught with our pants down."

...several seconds of uncomfortable silence, I couldn't help myself.

"What are you doing with your pants down?"

Game on.

After another minute or so of comments such as "What is Southwest doing here?", ground finally sounded off.

"I don't have time for this guys."

DrewBlows said:
How bad is that really? My captains swear that airplanes behind us can't even tell, I think they are crazy. I digress.

Atlanta, a thunderstorm overhead, every ramp is closed because of lightning, everyone who has starteed taxiing has their engines shut down. Some bright individual inquires about the delay...

"...ground what's the delay for?" (Here's your sign.)

Same delay, a few brave souls have tested the waters and departed. Things have started moving, but not very fast.

"Ground, Delta 123, can you give us a heads up when it's our turn? We don't want to get caught with our pants down."

...several seconds of uncomfortable silence, I couldn't help myself.

"What are you doing with your pants down?"

Game on.

After another minute or so of comments such as "What is Southwest doing here?", ground finally sounded off.

"I don't have time for this guys."

About the blow, wouldn't have been that bad, except that I was in an ATRah back then.

And ground delays get pretty funny at Hartsfield. It's like Open Mike Night at the Improv.

whatfuelpolicy said:
Yeah.......I'm gonna have to go ahead and raise the BS flag on this one. N118AT belongs to ATP and was acquired by ATP in early 2000 new from the Piper store. I was employed by ATP from the time that N118AT was delivered until recently. Never had any pilots with accents like that and furthermore, ATP aircraft were not supposed to be going into KDAB unless approved by Dispatch, which I never approved. Chances are, if it was in a mid-east accent and actually happened, it was either Ari-Ben, ERAU, or DCA.

This story happened before your 118AT was born.

http://registry.faa.gov/aircraftinquiry/NNumSQL.asp?NNumbertxt=118AT

Deregistered Aircraft 1 of 1

Aircraft Description
Serial Number 3879A0136 Type Registration CorporationManufacturer NamePIPER Certificate Issue Date04/28/1993 ModelPA-38-112 Mode S Code50044775Year ManufacturerNone Cancel Date01/20/1996 Reason for CancellationDestroyed Exported To

Latest resources

Back