• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Overall state of the Corporate aviation industry

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Things are tough here. That is true. But, if the majority of your companies business is international. Things could not be better. With the weak U.S. dollar, international customers are having a "hay day". Therefore to meet with these customers it may be easier to justify the GV, the Globals and the Xs

+1

Hence the large demand for long range aircraft.

For those looking to go corporate, just stay away from the homebuilders and richnecks, and go for the well-run Fortune 500 jobs. Your odds for stability will improve dramatically.

I know of one fortunate 100 department that is about to get steamrolled and the flight department doesn't even know its coming.[/quote]

Crazy legs, care to elaborate..?

I am surprised that someone with those kind of qualifications would accept a salary that low in such an unstable environment!

I can only think of maybe 1-2 regional 121 carriers still hiring, maybe virgin america as well. Besides that the 121 world has stopped hiring completely. Considering starting regional FO pay is around the $20k/yr range, I would take a $35k citation job instead.

I know of one fortunate 100 department that is about to get steamrolled and the flight department doesn't even know its coming.

Crazy legs, care to elaborate..?[/quote]

I would like to say more, however, the information I have is proprietary and any disclosure could potentially link me as the source.

As many of you know there are management companies on the prowl that are constantly approaching corporations with their pitch that they could run operations more efficiently. Sometimes, all it takes is one new eager CFO trying to make a name for himself and gone is fifty years of history.

I can only think of maybe 1-2 regional 121 carriers still hiring, maybe virgin america as well. Besides that the 121 world has stopped hiring completely. Considering starting regional FO pay is around the $20k/yr range, I would take a $35k citation job instead.

Regionals are hiring guys with 400 hours TT. If I was an owner I don't think that I would want some 400 hour wonder flying me and my family around in the company jet! I'd hire someone with at least with a little experience! Colgan, Piedmont, and few other weak regionals are still hiring with alot more job security than some Part 91 gig!

Grey Ghost said:
Colgan, Piedmont, and few other weak regionals are still hiring with alot more job security than some Part 91 gig!

You really think Piedmont and Colgan offer better job security than the average part 91 job???

Whats the first thing to go when money gets tight at these companies? at least at colgan you can upgrade in 1-2 years and make a somewhat decent living. at alot of the smaller part 91 gigs, you may never upgrade if the captain doesn't ever leave!

I currently work for a small 91 operation and we are still flying quite a bit for business. The owners have slow down on personal trips, but I just spend more time looking for inexpensive fuel. I would agree with BoilerUp that the airplane would not be the first to go. The way airlines are, you might not make it to your destination on time. We also fly a small aircraft that is fuel efficient. On the other hand, that doesn't mean my job as a full time pilot is not in jeopardy. They could cut my salary and go with a contract pilot.

Latest resources

Back