• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Overall state of the Corporate aviation industry

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
During previous downturns when departments were closing, that was the result of those aircraft being primarily a perk for the senior management. (If I'm not mistaken, there was a recession combined with a change in the IRS rules that greatly limited personal use of corporate aircraft.)

The focus of many departments, IMO, has changed. These aircraft are now indispensable--particularly in light of what has and is about to happen to the airline industry. It's only going to get worse for the airlines and their pax and get better for the overall climate for business aircraft operators. (Caveat: For those companies who are operating an aircraft by the skin of their teeth or have too much airplane for their size, things could get ugly.) TC

With all the drastic reductions on the 121 side of the industry, how is the Corp side doing? Has the economy affected the number of jobs? Are corp depts reducing fleet sizes?

If I was running a flight department I would take a hard look at the aircraft in my fleet and evaluate if what my department is operating is over kill for the majority of the flying. Flight departments that are using challengers and gulfstreams to fly 1-2 hr legs are asking to get cut. Sure its nice to have a GV but if your company really doesn't need its capabilites on a regular basis you better keep your resume up to date.

I know of one fortunate 100 department that is about to get steamrolled and the flight department doesn't even know its coming.

All I know is that I have seen over 20 resumes for a 35K a year Citation FO position by Unemployeed airline pilots with 10,000 + hours...

If gas gets to 10/gallon for Jet A everyone will hurt, I don't care who you fly for... We are not far from this either as fuel was nearly 8/gal in MSP only a week ago (Contract Fuel Time!)

All I know is that I have seen over 20 resumes for a 35K a year Citation FO position by Unemployeed airline pilots with 10,000 + hours...

If gas gets to 10/gallon for Jet A everyone will hurt, I don't care who you fly for... We are not far from this either as fuel was nearly 8/gal in MSP only a week ago (Contract Fuel Time!)

I am surprised that someone with those kind of qualifications would accept a salary that low in such an unstable environment!

Things are tough here. That is true. But, if the majority of your companies business is international. Things could not be better. With the weak U.S. dollar, international customers are having a "hay day". Therefore to meet with these customers it may be easier to justify the GV, the Globals and the Xs

Latest resources

Back