over 3000 hrs no call from regional

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Tsa

Trans States Airlines is looking for people....nice lady running recruiting too. I think our pay and work rules are better than Mesa. Plus all we have is the EMB145. Not too difficult to learn or fly if you study hard.

I know how you feel. I had close to your hours with barely a phone call from anyone before I secured an FO position. I'd have to agree with the other guys that the airlines think your overqualified. They'd rather hire a 1000 TT 100 ME guy with 50 hrs 0-50 hours of experience as a commercial pilot. Messed up? Yea. All I can say is be persistant as hell.

A former 50 year old coworker with 6000TT and part 135 background recently was hired by Piedmont for the Dash 8.

Another former coworker was hired with similar times at ExpressJet just last month.

I think there is something else about your background that is being screened by HR. I would call and ask your inside contact to follow up on your resume.

Hmmm, with or without a flight director? Because not having a FD sucks. That's how all the kids get through nowadays.

Really? Everytime I turn off the FD on approach those old crusty captains will go "What are you doing?" :erm:

Trans States Airlines is looking for people....nice lady running recruiting too. I think our pay and work rules are better than Mesa. Plus all we have is the EMB145. Not too difficult to learn or fly if you study hard.

Now THAT'S funny!

Up until a couple years use of the FD to go below RVR 4000 was mandatory by the Op Specs C-57 I believe. If you are a professional pilots to not use everything available to you is inexcusable. I find a lot of our New Hire GA pilots look at the use of the FD as a sign of a weak pilot. It is something doctors use, but not real pilots. BTW guess what you will not pass a Line Check with demonstrating full understanding and use of the FD.

Latest resources

Back