over 3000 hrs no call from regional

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
getting out to

ya i've thought about getting out of aviation to. just to much bull but I thought with everyone hiring so many people i might as well give it a shot. an the faa investigation was for bma not me something about false records. also when they said no recall it was by email not even a call. the person who walked my resume into peidmont is a pilot/management and they still have not call. you would think if he walked it in I would get a call the next day but no.

i had an interview with linear air last month but they said no thanks. they fly caravans and getting some of those eclipse jets. it was to fly right seat, yes right seat of the caravan. and i even have alot of customer service experience which i thought a 135 operator would like. i guess it might be I'm just not flying enough right now about 30 hours in last 6 months since i have to pay for it and all twin time. I've already been through 121 training so i can do it.

ya i've thought about getting out of aviation to. just to much bull but I thought with everyone hiring so many people i might as well give it a shot. an the faa investigation was for bma not me something about false records. also when they said no recall it was by email not even a call. the person who walked my resume into peidmont is a pilot/management and they still have not call. you would think if he walked it in I would get a call the next day but no.

maybe you should check your spelling of piedmont

No regional job at 3000 hours is the aviation equivalent of being a forty year old virgin. Except that bottom feeder regionals put out more then drunk fugly girls.

Don't fly a Dash at PDT if you can instead fly an E170 over at Republic/Shuttle America. I am hearing pilots are offering to split the $500 referral hiring bonus with people who volunteer to apply at Republic/SA. Say goodbye to 1960s technology and hello to 2000s technology. Also, you might want to attend some of those Air Inc. career fairs - meet with recruiters on the spot. Whatever you do, avoid Mesa and GO JETS.

You can always take my spot flying the E145. I can't wait to get out of this business. Don't think the grass is any greener on the regional side - it is puke brown if you ask me.

That might be the biggest dumba$$ posting I've seen in a long time. Did your mom have any kids that lived? I'll give you half a point for having the Mesa / GJ thing right. The only 60's technology we use at PDT is the management.

You want to work at Piedmont? Head down to CLT. Go to the training center. Find the director of training, hand him your resume (minus the FAA crap), and tell him to put your a$$ in class. I think it'll work. Seriously.....

If the investigation wasn't on you personally, I wouldn't even mention it on your resume. If asked at the interview, you could then clarify the situation or perhaps you can come forward and explain it.

With that much time you should be looking at Republic, Skywest, XJT and Eagle. All these airlines are respectable in my book and should give you a chance. Eagle is a little desperate for pilots right now. I suggest you give them a hard look.

And as others have mentioned before, stay away from Gojet and Mesa. Gojet is an alter-ego airline and Mesa really needs the demand to go the pilots' way so that they can accomplish a better contract. Nothing against the Mesa pilots, Gojet......well that's another story.

Latest resources

Back