• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Outrageous new drug testing policy

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Rumor has it, some of the male FA's will be volunteering to watch and authenticate your whiz while the DOT gets the program together. :eek:

AHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!!! That was sooooo below the belt but it was soooooo funny!!!

The airport is where your civil liberties go to die.

Someone out there actually believes airline pilots are mature professionals. They couldn't prove it here, that's for sure.

More places where I've worked have watched during urine samples, than not. I was frankly surprised when being sent to a drug testing center that didn't have an observer in the room.

Is falsifying a urine test big business? Ever get on the internet and look? It's a huge business, with people mailing you their urine. Special setups to get it to body temperature, methods to make it look like you're giving the sample when you're not...it's very big business. We've even had some fairly well known names on this very site talking about their time spent at pot parties...we've had discussions about testing positive for second hand smoke and so forth before...so yes, it's an issue.

I've tested positive...and I don't drink or do any kind of substance abuse. I don't drink sodas that much, or even take much in the way of over the counter medications...yet I tested positive and despite a split sample, had to go back again before I was exonerated. It does happen.

I don't see anywhere that this program dictates that one "strip." Removing clothing or demonstrating that one isn't wearing a prosthetic device isn't at all the same as stripping or giving samples while naked. Let's not get carried away here.

Don't think its' big business? Do a simple search.

http://www.ureasample.com/

Latest resources

Back