• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Outrageous new drug testing policy

Jets107

Total Time
Am I reading this right that beginning today (Aug 25) the DOT has mandated that if they don't like the color or temperature of your urine they can require you to essentially strip naked while watching you urinate.

Beetle007

Total Time
4500+
That sucks. Is that targeted against pilots or ground workers?

Pilots very rarely fail drug tests. Other departments have much higher fail rates.

RadioClash

Total Time
8000+
I remember taking drug tests in the Marines, some poor Navy Corpsman actually had to watch us whip it out, and watch us pee in the bottle to verify that during the whole process we did nothing to contaminate the sample. He sat in a chair and watched from the side at waist level. Talk about stage fright.

Voice Of Reason

Reading Is Fundamental !
Total Time
15 min

Flybet3

Fly for me! Get my Bonus!
Total Time
plenty
I remember taking drug tests in the Marines, some poor Navy Corpsman actually had to watch us whip it out, and watch us pee in the bottle to verify that during the whole process we did nothing to contaminate the sample. He sat in a chair and watched from the side at waist level. Talk about stage fright.

I would love for anyone of these a-holes to ask me to whip it out. Then all I can do is say "Yeah, I know. This is what your woman fantasizes about. Hang on, let me reel it back in."

pilot24

Total Time
enough
I already get "watched" randomly during Army urine tests, now the airlines want to see it too? There couldn't have been a problem with someone faking a piss test....

Amish RakeFight

Registered Loser
Total Time
Rumor has it, some of the male FA's will be volunteering to watch and authenticate your whiz while the DOT gets the program together. :eek:

Flybet3

Fly for me! Get my Bonus!
Total Time
plenty
Rumor has it, some of the male FA's will be volunteering to watch and authenticate your whiz while the DOT gets the program together. :eek:

AHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!!! That was sooooo below the belt but it was soooooo funny!!!

regionaltard

seat lock
Total Time
90°
The airport is where your civil liberties go to die.

avbug

Total Time
n/a
Someone out there actually believes airline pilots are mature professionals. They couldn't prove it here, that's for sure.

More places where I've worked have watched during urine samples, than not. I was frankly surprised when being sent to a drug testing center that didn't have an observer in the room.

Is falsifying a urine test big business? Ever get on the internet and look? It's a huge business, with people mailing you their urine. Special setups to get it to body temperature, methods to make it look like you're giving the sample when you're not...it's very big business. We've even had some fairly well known names on this very site talking about their time spent at pot parties...we've had discussions about testing positive for second hand smoke and so forth before...so yes, it's an issue.

I've tested positive...and I don't drink or do any kind of substance abuse. I don't drink sodas that much, or even take much in the way of over the counter medications...yet I tested positive and despite a split sample, had to go back again before I was exonerated. It does happen.

I don't see anywhere that this program dictates that one "strip." Removing clothing or demonstrating that one isn't wearing a prosthetic device isn't at all the same as stripping or giving samples while naked. Let's not get carried away here.

Don't think its' big business? Do a simple search.

http://www.ureasample.com/

N1VIBS

Total Time
Interesting. And exactly how will they watch our lady pilots urinate??