• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ouch!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just because a person has low time means they do not know anything about unions? Maybe they got a late start in aviation and had plenty of experience with unions in other work industries.
You claim to have 25,000 hours, so that makes you an expert huh? No that just means you are some old turd that thinks they know it all. I fly with idiots like you all time and it just amazes me what kind of crap you guys pull.
Yes I am pro-union, so do not go down that road.

Well what would you think with a statement like " Friends don't let friends vote UNION---Just Say NO!!!!!" at the bottom of their by-line ???

AND, yes, a low time pilot may or may not know about unions, again, your by-line sez it all.

AND.. after being in aviation 38 years, I do have over 25,000 accident free hours along with 9 type ratings and have built and flown 2 different aircraft, am a EAA Tech and Flt. advisor and a masters degree in Aeronautics .

AND, probably know more about aviation than you've forgotten.

But dont worry about it, you will get to display some ofyour superior skill and cunning during some upcoming aviation event that youve gotten yourself into.

I agree with Diesel.........

One should never attempt to second guess a pilot in any instance without knowing all of the details. Just remember, it could have been you.

Was that the case in which the controller didnt realize an airplane landed short and one or two more airplanes landed on the same runway after the 727?

Yes, it was that case. I believe a United plane landed over the top of them and told the tower about the 727 in the mud.

flylow22 said:
That was back in 1998 wasn't it? 727 doing some fancy auto pilot coupled approach and something went wrong. It was a hell of a thing to see in the mud. 14R I believe...

As it was explained to me at the time (I worked some with the safety group at AA at that time), the autopilot in that particular plane didn't de-sensitize, which led to a fairly rapid pitchdown just short of touchdown. The crew got the nose up but couldn't arrest the sink rate. Apparently, the autopilot was supposed to sense passing the middle marker and it didn't happen.

Well what would you think with a statement like " Friends don't let friends vote UNION---Just Say NO!!!!!" at the bottom of their by-line ???

AND, yes, a low time pilot may or may not know about unions, again, your by-line sez it all.

AND.. after being in aviation 38 years, I do have over 25,000 accident free hours along with 9 type ratings and have built and flown 2 different aircraft, am a EAA Tech and Flt. advisor and a masters degree in Aeronautics .

But dont worry about it, you will get to display some ofyour superior skill and cunning during some upcoming aviation event that youve gotten yourself into.

Where is your shuttle time? I don't see it listed.

I just think that at one time there was a time and a place for a union...which was many years ago. But not any more. I have just seen too many times where a company had to fold because they were not able to make the deep changes that were needed to turn the company around. All because of a union contract. And then the workers due to pride or what ever reasons were not willing to concede anything either so the company just ends up folding or taking much longer to turn around.

Then there is the issue of where the union does not always have the best interest of its members in mind. Especially when a contract is voted on and approved by its members, but then the union officers due to their own interests, choose not to allow the contract to go forward. So what kind of representation is that? This actually happened believe it or not.

I just think that if a person does not like the conditions of where they work then they should go find a better job somewhere else. There are many out there. If a person owns a company they should be able to do with it what ever they want. Not be pushed around by its employees. That owner will finally get the message when he can't keep any employees. But at least he has the freedom to make the changes on his own because its his company.

I just think that a union can sink a company faster than a bad economy. I know that every one does not agree with me and that is the great thing about this country. That we can all have the freedom to have an opinion and the freedom to say what ever we want to say. But then there are those of you on here that would probably say you believe the same thing about those freedoms, but then as soon as someone says something that you don't agree with you pretty much cuss them out and rip them a new one. ie. the posts that are going to follow this one.

But that all I got to say about that....

after being in aviation 38 years, I do have over 25,000 accident free hours along with 9 type ratings and have built and flown 2 different aircraft, am a EAA Tech and Flt. advisor and a masters degree in Aeronautics .

Man, you are my HERO! But it just goes to show you that you don't need much flying time to know that aviation unions (or truckers unions that pretend to be aviation unions) suk.

Well with all your superior education you think you could read what I quoted from you in the first place. Read again I quoted the part where you said what would a 2600 hour pilot know about unions.

You never mentioned his signature line about friends and unions.

Oh yeah nice grammar for someone that has a Masters too.

You say you built two airplanes. That nice. Bill Clinton was elected President twice. That does not make him a expert in being a President, far from it. Just look at the road he took us down.

Come back and talk when you can read my post correctly. Might just be a sign of that old age setting in. You know you can loose your medical for that kind of sickness.

Last edited:
Man, you are my HERO! But it just goes to show you that you don't need much flying time to know that aviation unions (or truckers unions that pretend to be aviation unions) suk.

There is a trucking company that use to be here in Charlotte. The truckers decided they were going to unionize. The owner told them if they did he was going to shut the company down and sell off all its assets. The truckers did not believe him and unionized. Within 2 weeks he had done what he said he was going to do and all of those truckers were without a job.

You hate to see all those guys loose their jobs, but its his company and he can do whatever he wants to do.

I just think that at one time there was a time and a place for a union...which was many years ago. But not any more. I have just seen too many times where a company had to fold because they were not able to make the deep changes that were needed to turn the company around. All because of a union contract. And then the workers due to pride or what ever reasons were not willing to concede anything either so the company just ends up folding or taking much longer to turn around.

Then there is the issue of where the union does not always have the best interest of its members in mind. Especially when a contract is voted on and approved by its members, but then the union officers due to their own interests, choose not to allow the contract to go forward. So what kind of representation is that? This actually happened believe it or not.

I just think that if a person does not like the conditions of where they work then they should go find a better job somewhere else. There are many out there. If a person owns a company they should be able to do with it what ever they want. Not be pushed around by its employees. That owner will finally get the message when he can't keep any employees. But at least he has the freedom to make the changes on his own because its his company.

I just think that a union can sink a company faster than a bad economy. I know that every one does not agree with me and that is the great thing about this country. That we can all have the freedom to have an opinion and the freedom to say what ever we want to say. But then there are those of you on here that would probably say you believe the same thing about those freedoms, but then as soon as someone says something that you don't agree with you pretty much cuss them out and rip them a new one. ie. the posts that are going to follow this one.

But that all I got to say about that....

I am trying to not punch a hole in the wall. :angryfire If you actually believe that garble, you are a truly uneducated closed minded fool. I pity you.

First off. Unions have done more for safety in this country than any other entity.

Secondly. Any unionized company that went belly up is not the fault of the unions. It is the fault of piss-poor management.

Thirdly. You feel that if a person owns a company he should be able to do whatever he/she wants??? Are you kidding me??? Does the employee have the right to a safe, stable, harassment free workplace? Doesn't the employee have a right to fight for his career? (I'll answer the question for you. We do.)

Fourthly. You are partially correct. A union CAN bring a company to its knees. They can also be their greatest strength. In 2005 NJA had their worst year ever. In 2006 NJA enjoyed record profits.

You tell me what the difference was?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back