• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ouch!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
why do they cover up the tail number anyways, i noticed this on a caravan that crashed also they had the tail number all painted over.

why do they cover up the tail number anyways, i noticed this on a caravan that crashed also they had the tail number all painted over.

To make it more difficult for a casual observer to identify the carrier involved.

Years ago, AA had a 727 land short of the runway in ORD. After getting the passengers and crew off the plane, about the first thing AA did was cover up their logo and N-number. It seemed to help keep the incident out of major media coverage.

2 airplanes in the past few weeks - that's all. Definitely not a lot.

To answer your question - yes, it's you - jumping to wrong conclusions.

1 per year per company is a lot in this industry.

Maybe I wasn't clear. Is it an aircraft, a weather, a crew, or a training problem. It has to be one of those, unless I am missing something, the more we all know the more we all can learn, and the less metal we will bend.

Or would it just be better to fight amongst ourselves.

To make it more difficult for a casual observer to identify the carrier involved.

Years ago, AA had a 727 land short of the runway in ORD. After getting the passengers and crew off the plane, about the first thing AA did was cover up their logo and N-number. It seemed to help keep the incident out of major media coverage.

That was back in 1998 wasn't it? 727 doing some fancy auto pilot coupled approach and something went wrong. It was a hell of a thing to see in the mud. 14R I believe...

That was back in 1998 wasn't it? 727 doing some fancy auto pilot coupled approach and something went wrong. It was a hell of a thing to see in the mud. 14R I believe...

Was that the case in which the controller didnt realize an airplane landed short and one or two more airplanes landed on the same runway after the 727?

I think we should blame it all on Global Warming. At least thats what Al Gore would say. And you know he is the expert on everything!!!

Was that the case in which the controller didnt realize an airplane landed short and one or two more airplanes landed on the same runway after the 727?

Not sure, just saw the fall out. Pretty erie stuff seeing the tri-holer stuck in the muck.

I'm getting out my jump to conclusions mat.

At 2600 hours what the hell do you know about unions?? good or bad...

Just because a person has low time means they do not know anything about unions? Maybe they got a late start in aviation and had plenty of experience with unions in other work industries.

You claim to have 25,000 hours, so that makes you an expert huh? No that just means you are some old turd that thinks they know it all. I fly with idiots like you all time and it just amazes me what kind of crap you guys pull.

Grow up. :puke:

Yes I am pro-union, so do not go down that road.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back