Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ornstein letter to UA VP of Operations- Mesa guys seen this?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Would you like to file a complaint? You know I have an "open door" policy. Come on down and express your frustrations to me young tired one.

No, the Mesa "world" revolves around it's biggest domiciles, which are PHX, ORD, and IAD. In all domiciles, it's 100% min days off (8) for reserves. In PHX, it's 89% min days off for lineholders (10).

Moving on to ORD . . . greatest number of lines have either min (10) or slightly better (11). HOWEVER . . . attrition is extremely high in ORD due to out of controlled junior assignments. 1600 junior assignments in one bid alone! The majority of these pilots are getting awarded days off taken away routinely .. and these masses are speaking with their feet.

IAD . . .slightly better, and fewer JRA's. So yes. You may actually get 11 days off. Or even 12. This bid. But what about next bid? Or the next? Could your domicile be the next PHX?

So . . despite what "a couple of your friends" say, fact is this company doesn't bat an eye at taking away days off; the ONLY thing that stops them from reducing to just 24/hrs off every 7 days are the contractual mins. Every other job in the western world employers think long and hard about asking employees to come in on their days off . . . Mesa just thinks of those days as a scheduling tool.

Still doesn't bother you? I suggest you get a life outside of work. Have a family, have some kids, then explain to them why you have to YET AGAIN cancel your plans with them because Mesa took away one of your days off 24 hours before you thought you WERE off.

LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One ethically bankrupt crook, trying to convince other ethically bankrupt crooks he's not an ethically bankrupt crook.

LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As per your explanation, who [airlines] isn't an ethically bankrupt crook?
And if you, eaglefly, works for one of them, what does that make you?

An ethically bankrupt crook I guess!

Its obvious what he is doing, he is trying to get the paper trail for getting out of the UAL contract. He is writing this letter to sometime down the line argue that UAL not MESA was not holding up there end of the bargain so he can get out of the contract, and not pay a huge penalty. Then once he is out of the contract hello China.

I can think of at least one airline that would be more than happy to go back to flying United Express...

No, the Mesa "world" revolves around it's biggest domiciles, which are PHX, ORD, and IAD. In all domiciles, it's 100% min days off (8) for reserves. In PHX, it's 89% min days off for lineholders (10).

Moving on to ORD . . . greatest number of lines have either min (10) or slightly better (11). HOWEVER . . . attrition is extremely high in ORD due to out of controlled junior assignments. 1600 junior assignments in one bid alone! The majority of these pilots are getting awarded days off taken away routinely .. and these masses are speaking with their feet.

IAD . . .slightly better, and fewer JRA's. So yes. You may actually get 11 days off. Or even 12. This bid. But what about next bid? Or the next? Could your domicile be the next PHX?

So . . despite what "a couple of your friends" say, fact is this company doesn't bat an eye at taking away days off; the ONLY thing that stops them from reducing to just 24/hrs off every 7 days are the contractual mins. Every other job in the western world employers think long and hard about asking employees to come in on their days off . . . Mesa just thinks of those days as a scheduling tool.

Still doesn't bother you? I suggest you get a life outside of work. Have a family, have some kids, then explain to them why you have to YET AGAIN cancel your plans with them because Mesa took away one of your days off 24 hours before you thought you WERE off.

Yet you have a problem using your own accrued sick time at Mesa. I highly suggest you rethink this position.

Dear Jonathan,

Just as you tell your overworked/underpaid employees, you signed the contract now you have to live with it. Quit your b1tch1ng!!!!

PS...Go F*ck your self

Respectfully, United.:laugh:

You guys make me giggle like a little girl. You think JO is the devil and Mesa is the evil empire yet you have earned sick time that you won't use for your own mental health because you want to be ethical.

Yeh - this is a pilot group with the balls to strike, no doubt about that!!! You're too scared to take sick time.......

He will be fired for using his sick time before resigning, it happens every day at mesa, because more than 1 person quits every day.

CFIse, you miss the big picture by so much that I have some to believe that while you may actually be a real pilot, you for sure are one of the most ignorant human wastes on this planet. You are obviously a sociopath and most likely a child molester.

Latest resources

Back