• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rez get of your high horse

What about the pilot who doesn't want ALPA politics? Remember one size doesn't fit all.

I have to give you that -- you are a piece of work. ;)

Negative. I said nothing of union politics. The attitude was like that of pilots who think commuting is a choice for some. With comments like.. just move to base. Usually but not always those comments come from a single guy with minimal responsibility....

Hey bluesideup...... looks like your fellow blue pilots have brought up unions and politics.... so since the door is open.... try this....

If you guys get bought out..... if.... most likely it will be by a union carrier... if you don't have representation, the union guys are not going to represent you. Nor shall they be expected. Nor can they, they have no legal rights. You will count on their benevolence. No one cares about jB pilots more than jB pilots. However if you don't have a structure and a legal basis to represent yourselves... you are at the mercy of the current.

Why anyone would choose to be unrepresented is truly astonishing....

Hey bluesideup...... looks like your fellow blue pilots have brought up unions and politics.... so since the door is open.... try this....

If you guys get bought out..... if.... most likely it will be by a union carrier... if you don't have representation, the union guys are not going to represent you. Nor shall they be expected. Nor can they, they have no legal rights. You will count on their benevolence. No one cares about jB pilots more than jB pilots. However if you don't have a structure and a legal basis to represent yourselves... you are at the mercy of the current.

Why anyone would choose to be unrepresented is truly astonishing....

How many TWA pilots and flight attendants are at American still? How about Midwest or Frontier/Lynx pilots at Republic? How many furloughed at American and oh yeah, possibly 300 at UPS too? How long does it take to get a contract at Airtran 5+ years? How much did ALPA pay United pilots in their settlement case, $44 million? Or how much did American's Union pay the company in their lawsuit years back-- $45 million. How long before USAirways mends their ways. Oh, I'd love to have everything SWA pilots have, but then again, ask the ATA guys too.

Negative. I said nothing of union politics. The attitude was like that of pilots who think commuting is a choice for some. With comments like.. just move to base. Usually but not always those comments come from a single guy with minimal responsibility....
Commuting is a choice for all pilots. No one is forcing you to live where you do, but moreso, no one is forcing you into the life of an airline pilot. If you want to work 9-5, be home every night, and have weekends off, you're either really senior or in the wrong line of work.

Every pilot knows (or should know) what they're getting into before taking this job. Are commuting or base locations a secret? I don't think so.

Commuting is a choice for all pilots. No one is forcing you to live where you do, but moreso, no one is forcing you into the life of an airline pilot. If you want to work 9-5, be home every night, and have weekends off, you're either really senior or in the wrong line of work.

Every pilot knows (or should know) what they're getting into before taking this job. Are commuting or base locations a secret? I don't think so.

When does it end? Especially with airlines like Colgan who have/had outbasing. The ability to shift "job locations" is large.

The point is the original tool that brought up the subject matter might've been a single guy with zero responsibility. Regardless he applied his values and lifestlye to everyone... nonchalantly stating... just move. Insnesative and disrepectful. Managment should provide resources in moving.. but when tools like this gladly do it for free.... it makes it difficult for everyone....

How many TWA pilots and flight attendants are at American still? How about Midwest or Frontier/Lynx pilots at Republic? How many furloughed at American and oh yeah, possibly 300 at UPS too? How long does it take to get a contract at Airtran 5+ years? How much did ALPA pay United pilots in their settlement case, $44 million? Or how much did American's Union pay the company in their lawsuit years back-- $45 million. How long before USAirways mends their ways. Oh, I'd love to have everything SWA pilots have, but then again, ask the ATA guys too.

Apply all of your examples above to someone without representation. You make the assumption that union reprsentation is suppossed to win favorable everytime and with findfalls.....

I'd get your jb pilot house in order... everything is done thru the legal process....

Now back to the original point of the thread........WHITE SHIRTS NOW!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back