Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actual average price of a house on long island is $350,00 not sure what your talking about yeah a real nice house 500 to 700k, and I am sure Florida will yield much better employee's as long as there isn't a Jerry Springer convention going on.

Yeah, life sucks. And everything in life is a compromise. What if they closed the doors and the jobs just went away? Is THAT a better alternative to a relo? For most, I think not.

The state of NY is taxing individuals and businesses to death. Perhaps they should get a clue and try to figure out how to retain businesses and the jobs that go with them. Then companies like JB might not be faced with such a major decision.

BTW - I moved to a tax friendly state (FL) 10 years ago because I wanted to keep more of my hard earned $$. No, not everyone wants to uproot families to save money. But then again perhaps a good number of the 1000 people you refer to would welcome the move.

What about jb employees that are from NY and have sick family members that depend on jb health care plans, the employees income and close proximity to care for them....?

Glad you did for you what you wanted to do..... but one size doesn't fit all....

What about jb employees that are from NY and have sick family members that depend on jb health care plans, the employees income and close proximity to care for them....?

Glad you did for you what you wanted to do..... but one size doesn't fit all....

Rez get of your high horse

What about the pilot who doesn't want ALPA politics? Remember one size doesn't fit all.

I have to give you that -- you are a piece of work. ;)

Depend on JetBlue health plans??? For what?!?!

Sucking money out of my pocket?....:angryfire

What about the pilot who doesn't want ALPA politics? Remember one size doesn't fit all.

What about the rest of us who want a B-fund? Or a seperate health plan?

Have you read the e-mails from our own committees?

From the CBC:

"Members of the CBC made numerous efforts to influence the shaping of the 2010 benefits package. During the several months when the final package was being crafted we found ourselves on the outside and unable to engage the People department in any meaningful way. Essentially we were frozen out when all of the decisions were being made."

From the PVC:

"Many changes within our department are occurring without our knowledge. Flight Operations created a new vision for our department without the involvement or collaboration with the PVC. It was presented to senior leadership last December, unfortunately they failed to share the contents of this briefing with us; we hope this vision provides the needed structure to grow a healthy relationship between JetBlue and its pilots. We are disappointed we did not learn of these changes from CA Sandoval, much like the change to the FSM approval process, nor are any of these changes occurring in collaboration with the Pilot Values Committee."

Wake up! This is happening right now. Remember all the "We get it's" we heard?!

This is the direct relationship we were promised....it's a fantasy. Show me the alternative to ALPA that will get me a B-fund and I'm all for it. Guess what? There is none...a B-fund is illegal without a CBA.

I may need surgery this year....wish I had a number I could call for confidential advice regarding my medical...guess I'll call f-ing AOPA.

We need a CBA....yesterday. I know a union is a two-edged sword, but we need a CBA...please vote for the road to a CBA. Me and family can't afford to wait anymore.

I also want white shirts.........and hats

How may ALPA pilot groups have a B fund?

Your ignorance is astounding, but I will be happy to educate you if it gets you thinking:

Airtran: B-Fund 10.5%
Alaska: 401K with a 13.5% contribution
Continental: A-Fund 2.20%/B-Fund 12.75%
Delta: B-Fund 10%
FedEx: A-Fund 2%/B-Fund 7%
Hawaiian: A-Fund 2.40%/ 401K Match up to 19.4%
United: B-Fund 10%/C-Fund 7%
US Airways: B-Fund 10%

American is not ALPA...but I'll include them anyway since they're in our peer set:
A-Fund 1.25%/B-Fund 11%

Almost all of them have B-funds, genius. Any that don't have MUCH higher contributions from the company than we do. Even the contributions we do get from the company are NOT included in our individual contracts. They can be taken away at any time.

We cannot have a B-Fund without a CBA. It's illegal. We need a CBA yesterday.

As for health insurance...here's what I get with a seperate health insurance plan under a CBA that I don't get now....

A VOTE!

We cannot have a seperate health insurance plan than everyone else without a CBA. We need a CBA yesterday.

Our process doesn't work....please re-read the emails I attached above from our own committees. We need a CBA yesterday.

Questions? Please vote for a CBA.

Last edited:
How may ALPA pilot groups have a B fund?

What makes you think a seperate health plan under a CBA is going to be better?

The question you ought to be asking yourself is: Given that the company has repeatedly promised us PSIA in all areas of compensation and benefits, how are they going to deliver without a pilot CBA? Answer: without bringing the benefits of the entire company to major airline pilot PSIA, they can't. Even if they did, the 401(k) would still fail every year, which costs millions every year to fix. They can't and won't match benefits for everyone. Instead, they consider the matter all but closed by adjusting only the pay rates and hoping you'll keep quiet about the rest. That should concern you.

Starchecker,
I think we do have a number for medical help, through a doctor in ATL I think. I used it a couple of years ago for something minor and they were a good help. Not quite the ALPA aeromedical, but they did get right back to me with the proper info.
Poke around on the pilot page on hello JB to find it
TZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back