Organization Of Black Airline Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It comes to this:

Some people believe that government is the solution for all our problems and some people believe that government is the problem. The government should only get involved when an entity attempts to exclude another entity, that's all.

I was attempting to balance the spa yesterday. Everytime I added a chemical the PH or acidity changed, the more I got involved the more the spa water was unbalanced. I don't know if my analogy makes any sense to you but it does to me.

It's wonderful to see young children of all races playing together. They don't realize race differences until some all knowing adult tells them that they are different.

If we want all races to play well with each other and be color blind then remove all reference to race from the government level. I don't normally see color until it is pushed in my face and makes me feel different.

Where people try to fix the wrongs of the past and not forget that history tends to repeat itself.

There is the problem. We can't fix problems of the past, we can't live in the past. You say we have to learn from the problems in the past.

Agreed!

The problem in the past was treating people differently because of the way they looked or where they were born. You don't solve the problem by treating people differently in the future, you solve the problem by treating everyone equally and removing all race barriers.

Disagree with me all you want but look around has the problem of race wars been solved. NO! Nothing will change as long as we as a society constantly try to force our own beliefs on someone else.

If you want to pass a law, pass a law making any policy race based illegal.

Insanity. Repeating the same process over and over again expecting different results.

It comes to this:

It's wonderful to see young children of all races playing together. They don't realize race differences until some all knowing adult tells them that they are different.

If we want all races to play well with each other and be color blind then remove all reference to race from the government level. I don't normally see color until it is pushed in my face and makes me feel different.

That bueatiful picture of kids of all races playing togather exist in very few places. And were you see it most times it is a mirage. Mirrors my man. The huge sepration still exist driven by diffrences in upbringing and wealth. We have a long way to go and the nice picture we all want to believe in while helpful does not represent a complete work but a first coating.
My cousin is a school teacher in Atlanta and the difficult homes most of those black kids come from she feels theirs is a hopeless battle. The white kids have much self pride and confidence. A knowledge that they will get theirs and the black kid is right at the bottom in this area. They do not have good homes to motivate them and that is why we do it. I wear a uniform and go to a black, spanish school and talk to poor kids some white. I tell them I am just like you and I became a pilot so can you.
They tell me I just told them something unknown to them. They believe because I am black and they have never seen a black pilot before. I tell them how they can do it and I tell them we have people who would help them along the way. I tell them the white man will not stop you. I tell them you can even lead him and be a captain.
Believe me I know this from my work on the frontlines of recovering my race from the abuse and distruction of slavery and racism.
Jim Crow's South still lives amoung some dark souls in our bueatiful country and more so in many parts of the world. America has to continue to be a light house of hope to the world in race relations and that takes work from everyone including the government.

I had hopes of one day becoming a professional basketball player in the NBA. Unfortunately, there are very few WASP NBA players, so I gave up on that dream. What a tragedy.

I also had hopes of becoming the mayor of New Orleans, but was told it was and always will be a "chocolate" city. Bummer.

I had hopes of one day becoming a professional basketball player in the NBA. Unfortunately, there are very few WASP NBA players, so I gave up on that dream. What a tragedy.

I also had hopes of becoming the mayor of New Orleans, but was told it was and always will be a "chocolate" city. Bummer.

My point exactly Guppypuppy you could live two life times as a white man and never understand what it means to be black.

You do not have it in you. Hence we need laws to protect us from you.

I would trade the positions blacks have in basketball for 1% of what whites own in the world and America.
I am black and would never play for the NBA. I am not ready to make the sacrifice and I was not bred by your white grand dad to be strong for labor.

You produced the NBA player. You own the teams and profit from it.

Mayor of new orleans, I would rather be a white president of the USA. Mayor of a black ghetto I leave to the negro.

If you were mayor of new orleans you most likely would spend your spare time distroying black people. We are afraid of your type.
But a good white man I will vote for him but I need to see his track record of caring for my type. I can not let a wolf amoung my sheep. You will murder black people.

Last edited:
My point exactly Guppypuppy you could live two life times as a white man and never understand what it means to be black.

You do not have it in you. Hence we need laws to protect us from you.

I would trade the positions blacks have in basketball for 1% of what whites own in the world and America.
I am black and would never play for the NBA. I am not ready to make the sacrifice and I was not bred by your white grand dad to be strong for labor.

You produced the NBA player. You own the teams and profit from it.

Mayor of new orleans, I would rather be a white president of the USA. Mayor of a black ghetto I leave to the negro.

If you were mayor of new orleans you most likely would spend your spare time distroying black people. We are afraid of your type.
But a good white man I will vote for him but I need to see his track record of caring for my type. I can not let a wolf amoung my sheep. You will murder black people.

Wow.

That post brought FI to an all-time low. Even lower than Tanker Clown's sympathy tour as a cancer survivor.

Time to close this thread.

There is the problem. We can't fix problems of the past, we can't live in the past. You say we have to learn from the problems in the past.

Agreed!

The problem in the past was treating people differently because of the way they looked or where they were born. You don't solve the problem by treating people differently in the future, you solve the problem by treating everyone equally and removing all race barriers.

Disagree with me all you want but look around has the problem of race wars been solved. NO! Nothing will change as long as we as a society constantly try to force our own beliefs on someone else.

If you want to pass a law, pass a law making any policy race based illegal.

Insanity. Repeating the same process over and over again expecting different results.

You have never being a victim of racism so you will never understand.
OBAP never lectures white folks or try to change them. We teach blacks to survive racism.

So should we have White Basketball Players Association? After all, whites are a minority in the NBA, and WBPA should be dedicated to recruiting ONLY white people into the NBA, right? This doesn't make any sense. You hire based on qualifications and an overall picture. If you have a black pilot who grew up in South Central L.A., and he tells the story how despite all the peer pressures and the troubles living in South Central as a teenager he managed to accomplish his dream, AND HE IS QUALIFIED, he's gonna get the job because it shows character. It has nothing to do with black/white.

Wow! You think that just because a minority is qualified that he will get hired based "solely on his qualifications"....WOW! What if I told you that "qualified" minorities were NOT getting hired because they did not "fit the mold" ...i.e DAL. You talk about character and equal treatment of people... oops I guess Katrina shows just how equal we really are in this country... YOU HAVE NO IDEA.

No. It would merely show that there hasn't been much interest among whites to become pilots. Once again, you cannot correct a past mistake by making another one.

BUT you can correct the future by knowing the past and being honest with yourself.

You create a race/gender neutral organization that helps everyone regardless of race, sex, national origin, etc. It doesn't have to be a future generation. It can be our generation that fixes this, but organizations like OBAP, UNCF, NAACP, WIA reek of reverse racism/sexism and ought to be abolished altogether.

FD,

IF you were a black male in this country for more than a month.... you would definitely have a "come to Jesus" experience. To you these organizations "reek of reverse discrimination" but HOW DO YOU ENSURE THAT ALL PEOPLE OF EQUAL QUALIFICATIONS GET TREATED FAIRLY?

Final thought...would you rather be a qualified black pilot or a qualfied white pilot at an CAL interview in TEXAS or a DAL interview in GEORGIA (southern states...i.e the good ole south) based on the history of this country?...with NO EEOC, NO OBAP, or any organization that attempts to block racial discrimination knowing about your interview?

If you were a soul in heaven and God told you that you could go to earth and gave you the choice...

Would you rather be a black man or white man in this country?

Should it be about color NO but it many instances it still is...

If I told you that you could be the richest man on the planet...BUT you would have to live as a black man , would you do it?

Think about it....

...so if God said you could be a tree, BUT you'd have to be a Maple tree, would you do it?

give me a break.

Wow.

That post brought FI to an all-time low. Even lower than Tanker Clown's sympathy tour as a cancer survivor.

Time to close this thread.

It is nice to close a thread...how about close discrimination and your superiority complex while you're at it!

You have no idea... a thread to you is what people deal with every day in this society. But one day you and I will be gone and a younger generation will look at your comments as being archaic and extremely ignorant.

Latest resources

Back