• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ORD F-Gates

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ALL FEEDER SERVICE IS 'SUB-STANDARD'.....INCLUDING EAGLETS!!!

ALL FEEDERS SHOULD BE SEGREGATED FROM MAINLINE, GIVEN THEIR OWN TERMINAL, RUNWAY AND PARKING AREA SO THE REST OF THE CIVILIZED INDUSTRY CAN CONTINUE PROVIDING QUALITY SERVICE TO DESERVING CUSTOMERS.

IT IS AWESOME YOU GUYS FEEL FOR THE PASSENGERS. YOU WILL BE THE FUTURE FOR REAL AIRLINE PILOTS AND EVERYONE WILL BENEFIT.

Amen brother!

Well the the good news is that my latest pair of shoes seem to be glycol resistant when wading through lake type 1. I hate going into ORD.

A great reason to use Eagle across the ramp at G!!

I second the motion. All jetbridges... even if they aren't heated.

Must be like being at an airshow as a passenger at the end of F... triple-7's taxiing by, the smell of jet fuel in the air and a slurry of salt and glycol on your feet. I wonder how they process the aisle-chair passengers.

Minus twenty on the windchill, let's board all passengers and all rows and see how big of a line we get.

People fall all the time...However, United has determined that it's cheaper to be sued and settle with everyone than to redo the F gates into something passenger friendly

People fall all the time...However, United has determined that it's cheaper to be sued and settle with everyone than to redo the F gates into something passenger friendly

Was talking to a UAL Chief Pilot once regarding lost bags. All airlines have goals of something like 1 lost bag per 1000 bags. I told him the goal should be 0 per 1000 bags with people.....he said it would COST TOO MUCH.

Hell you guys took some of our C gates...isn't that enough or do you want it all...have the B gates as well....
We don't decide where to park, the United gate planners do.
Minus twenty on the windchill, let's board all passengers and all rows and see how big of a line we get.
This is why SkyWest got turboramps in SLC. Not a jetway, but at least people aren't climbing the steps and falling. An elderly woman fell and died getting off a SkyWest plane a couple years ago.
Its not about walking to the airplane dumbass, its the substandard service compared to Eagle (all on jetways) across the alley and the HUGE safety/liability issue!
Exactly. Eagles gates in ORD and the Airlink gates in MSP and DTW are first rate.
F Gates = Fall of Saigon re-enactment. -Boyd
F1C has got to be the worst walk.
Any of the F1 gates are. The one from F1A is a real treat. Dodging the ground equipment, cement barricades and walking past the big garbage dumpster. Then walk up the steps after hiking a 1/2 mile from the airplane. The F-gates are a disgrace. No seating and you can't hear the annoucements.

Clearly, United doesn't give a rat's a$$ about their customers... let alone their employees. Let alone the employees of their codeshares. Besides, look at the bottom-feeder carriers that they do business with. My question is why would any respectable, service-conscious carrier do business with the likes of Mesa, GoJet, Trans States, and Colgan? They simple do not care. Furthermore, the mere existence of these gates (if you can even call them that) confirms the fact that not only do they not care one bit about service, but they also don't care about passenger and employee safety either. The situation at the F gates is so bad, its beyond belief. The useless rampers don't even shovel the snow or put down salt half the time, and to top it off, they de-ice at the gates making a bad situation even worse. I myself had a bad fall down the glycol-coated airstairs about 3 weeks ago, and got banged up pretty good (I landed on the pavement). Fortunately I was not seriously injured (I almost wish I was, so that I could have sued these companies), but had I been a person not quite as young and resilient, I would have been badly hurt. I hope somebody falls and sues everyone that tolerated this blatant disregard for passenger and employee safety.

wow you look at us on G concourse with envy. trust me, service and eagle do not belong in the same sentence. our jetbridges aren't heated and are simply hallways at 10deg. then the passengers wait in said hallway for 20 min to get their red tag bags.

wow you look at us on G concourse with envy. trust me, service and eagle do not belong in the same sentence. our jetbridges aren't heated and are simply hallways at 10deg. then the passengers wait in said hallway for 20 min to get their red tag bags.

Most jetbridges aren't heated, are they? But then again, standing in a 10 degree hallway out of the jetblast, glycol, snow, and noise, is better than standing outside waiting for your carry-ons and then have to walk 500 yards thru the same elements to the terminal and climb the slick steps.

Latest resources

Back