• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Options

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
B19, I asked you this question and all we have heard after all your pro management anti Union BS is crikets, I would like an answer. :erm:

Apples and oranges.

It's simple.

Management contracts are there to attract and retain good employees.

A CBA forces the will of a union onto an unwilling company using hostile methods such as holiday work slowdowns and sickouts.

I like my quiet and happy non-union airline.

Oh, and BTW. I've never worked under a contract, but union contracts have redirected my career using hostile methods.

Apples and oranges.

It's simple.

Management contracts are there to attract and retain good employees.

A CBA forces the will of a union onto an unwilling company using hostile methods such as holiday work slowdowns and sickouts.

I like my quiet and happy non-union airline.

Oh, and BTW. I've never worked under a contract, but union contracts have redirected my career using hostile methods.

Bob, Why would you not want a contract that attracts and retains the best pilots? Or is it that you would like to keep it as is so you can jerk us around and dispose of us at will? How about vacating your contract since you see no need for us to have one?

Big Favor

Will you guys quit quoting B-19. I have that doofus on ignore and you guys keep shoving him in my face. Don't you realize the guy is irrelevant to the Flight Options situation? He's kind of like Bill O'Rielly, contentious sure but in the end just frivolous talk that signifies nothing.
Thanks in advance

Beating back Bob (I mean B19)

The reason we MUST address B19's inflamatory comments is evident in Presidential political history.

Not too long ago their was a certain governor from the state of Mass (actually it was some time ago) who was attacked on a position he took. I think it was on the Willie Horton issue if I remember correctly.

This particular governor felt that it was beneath him to address the charges related to this issue, and as such, chose to ignor it. Big Mistake!

The opposition put out so much media on this damaging issue that, unanswered by the candidate, the public actually starting believing it, and this governor lost his political battle to become President.

None of us enjoy addressing this idiot. But we need to stay ahead of the curve in this fight. And as such, we must.

Freedom is not Free.

Bob, Why would you not want a contract that attracts and retains the best pilots? Or is it that you would like to keep it as is so you can jerk us around and dispose of us at will? How about vacating your contract since you see no need for us to have one?

Union contracts by the admission of all the proponants on these boards are there to make management "behave" to a standard that the union believes is best for the represented group, not the overall good for the entire company or the non-represented employees that have to suffer through the process.

That isn't a contract that is offered to attract somebody, it's a contract that is contrived by adverse methods and demoralizing tactics.

I don't and have never had an employment contract. Never needed one. The only time I've ever been treated unfairly is when I've been laid off as the result of an unjust labor action by a pilot's union. I like my non-union carrier.

Union contracts by the admission of all the proponants on these boards are there to make management "behave" to a standard that the union believes is best for the represented group, not the overall good for the entire company or the non-represented employees that have to suffer through the process.

That isn't a contract that is offered to attract somebody, it's a contract that is contrived by adverse methods and demoralizing tactics.

I don't and have never had an employment contract. Never needed one. The only time I've ever been treated unfairly is when I've been laid off as the result of an unjust labor action by a pilot's union. I like my non-union carrier.

Dude you must be main lining that management cool aid.

Management could have done or now do the right thing now, but they didn't, and they have continued to do the wrong thing repeatedly for years.. For most of us when management slaps us on one cheek we are not to prone to give them the other. In our case management has repeatedly slapped us in the face proving that we are less then dirt to them.

A union would not have been my first option to fix what is fu(ked up at Option but I saw no other alternative short of leaving the company. I was here first they can leave.

There is no statement in the history of human civilization that has been more wrong than that. We are all more stupid for having read it. Good work.:smash:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back