• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Options

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Isn't union leadership nothing but management with power backed by mob mentality? Unions wait until an organization is successful, then feed on it until there isn't anything left. Just like a jackal.

Let me re phrase this.....Isn't management leadership nothing but management with power backed by management mentality

Notice I only changed one word!!!!( the word in blue) So what is the difference between Union and Management in this statement?

Isn't union leadership nothing but management with power backed by mob mentality? Unions wait until an organization is successful, then feed on it until there isn't anything left. Just like a jackal.

Unprecedented growth at Net Jets started AFTER the union contract, when the Union and the company started working together. It seems like the real success of the company requires the Union. Maybe I'm missing something? If the Union 'feeding' on the company has this kind of results maybe FLOPs is missing something?

Isn't union leadership nothing but management with power backed by mob mentality?
No. I see you like to keep referring to a union as "mob mentality." What you are trying to do is the oldest trick in the book.......
Unions wait until an organization is successful, then feed on it until there isn't anything left. Just like a jackal.
This sounds like what management has been doing to the pilot group.

So in other words, you will not address any of my points...........

I'm starting to think that B19 is actully an elected union offical. His posts apparently do the complete opposite of what he intends. Instead of turning folks OFF of unions, he seems to harbor unity and pride in our unions.

Keep it up B19!

The simple fact that I'm pro-company and anti-union should be enough to prove that I care about the pilots I work with everyday. Becoming management doesn't mean that you are spitting in the face of your fellow pilots or are cold hearted. It means that you are willing to step up to the plate and become part of the solution rather than part of the problem. Bringing a union onto the property doesn't mean that the union has any more power than any talented individual manager without a union. To me, those that hide behind a union are those that are cold hearted. They lack the courage and fortitude to stand up and speak for themselves. The jackels of society.

Well brother Bob At least you have finlay openly admitted that you are anti union. Its been a long time coming but I'm glad you got its out there for all to finlay recognize.

"Part of the solution" ??? What solution might you be talking about? The tier three debacle, the constant attack on our quality of life, the constant intimidation of our pilots you tolerate from your PMs, the blind eye that you turn to unsafe operations and the borderline illegal rulings you get from your POI, the 300% increase in our health insurance, these bulsh!t productivity meetings you have been holding, and last but not least putting pilots on the street because they had problems getting a bulsh!t permit from the Canadians. Yep Bob I really can understand how you see that you are part of the solution.

"simple fact that I'm pro-company and anti-union should be enough to prove that I care about the pilots" Bob this is so laughable that its not even worth addressing. I guess you are pro company and care for us pilots like your boss Schreeinga and Agerwal, they really do care about the pilots. Bob I think you are confusing pro company with pro management. There is a significant difference.

"Bringing a union onto the property doesn't mean that the union has any more power than any talented individual manager without a union" Bob, this just does not make any since at all. First, the pilots are not responsible for bringing a Union on the property, management and all the crap they have laid on the pilots over the past few years is responsible. Voting for representation was a last resort for a pilot group that had been generally anti union in the past. Responsibility for the union falls squarely on managements back and their history of failures. Second, what talented managers? Show me one. Also Bob you know as well as me that power is exactly what this whole Union vs management and contract negotiations is all about. Its a process of forcing total power from managements corrupt hands and sharing and enforcing work place power with the pilots through a CBA. Once a CBA is signed management will no longer have the total power over the pilots that you have enjoyed in the past.

"To me, those that hide behind a union are those that are cold hearted. They lack the courage and fortitude to stand up and speak for themselves." WTF over???? Every man that has worked to bring representation has done it with extreme risk to himself. Each one of us knew that should you and your buddies find out who we were you would quickly arrange our swift departure from the company. We have been speaking for our selves for several years now and what happened Bob was 67% of our pilots decided that they felt the same way and stood up to speak for themselves along with us. We don't stand behind a Union Bob the Union is behind us and helps us make sure that when we speak management hears our collective voice. The gutless wonders you speak of Bob reside in the cooperate halls of Options not in the cockpits of our jets.

"Jackals of society" , you have to be kidding. This is truly the pot calling the kettle black. Who are you trying to convince of this crap, the pilots or yourself???

Wow!!!

That just screams UNITY and PRIDE, not only for the Union, but for himself!

Good for you Phoenix!

I still think B19 is in the Union. :laugh:

Intresting thouht

That just screams UNITY and PRIDE, not only for the Union, but for himself!

Good for you Phoenix!

I still think B19 is in the Union. :laugh:

Interesting thought, but no I don't believe that he is Union. There are many here that are convinced that he is Options VP of operations. Is there proof, no, but his words and style mimic very closely those of our VP.:D

Interesting thought, but no I don't believe that he is Union. There are many here that are convinced that he is Options VP of operations. Is there proof, no, but his words and style mimic very closely those of our VP.:D

Interestingly enough, our VP of Ops has his own unique grammitcal "style" - you can definitely tell that he doesn't have a secretary draft his memos.

Maybe odd writing styles are something they teach at VP of Ops school...
:cool:

Don't know for sure

Interestingly enough, our VP of Ops has his own unique grammitcal "style" - you can definitely tell that he doesn't have a secretary draft his memos.

Maybe odd writing styles are something they teach at VP of Ops school...
:cool:

Well none of us know for sure who B19 is or is not, he may be our VP or not, its not really that important one way or the other.

What is clear is that B19 is firmly rooted in the management mentality and is completely anti Union under any circumstances. For these reasons alone its fun to take every opportunity he provides to kick him in the nuts over his anti Union pro management horse sh!t.:smash:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back