Options

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Gutenberg

What's the deal with FLOPs? I never see anything about them on the boards. Do they have a MDW base? What are their mins? Would anybody recommend flying for them? What is the schedule like? How do you apply because their website is very application un-friendly.

Thanks!

FLOPs

Haven't hired in well over a year ... the fleet has decreased by roughly 40% as has the number of pilots in the last couple of years ... no base at MDW ... schedule is an 8/7, which means we work quite a bit more for a lot less than our brothers at NJ.

It used to be a decent place but has been going steadily downhill since the arrival of our latest CEO ... hotels (bad), food (also bad), no vactions or forced to take vacation days when the company decides, health insurance through the roof, mgmt through intimidation, etc., etc., etc.

Wouldn't recommend applying ... maybe after we get a contract

Haven't hired in well over a year ... the fleet has decreased by roughly 40% as has the number of pilots in the last couple of years ... no base at MDW ... schedule is an 8/7, which means we work quite a bit more for a lot less than our brothers at NJ.

It used to be a decent place but has been going steadily downhill since the arrival of our latest CEO ... hotels (bad), food (also bad), no vactions or forced to take vacation days when the company decides, health insurance through the roof, mgmt through intimidation, etc., etc., etc.

Lets not forget to give credit to his "side kick" as well, there joined at the hip

I have been hearing that they plan to start hiring in August/ September.

Get ready to sit in the right seat of a BeechJet for about 7 or 8 years before you will have enough senority to upgrade.

Plus be ready to move to the Tier 1 city where they want you to live in. ( you can't choose anymore) I think ORD is a Tier 1.

I have also heard they will be looking for low time guys 500+ hours since they would be happy to work for the low wages just to get to fly a jet.

Good Luck

Forgot ... that's only for those already here more than 2 or 3 years. The bottom of the list gets the totally awsome "Flex Schedule" ... good luck scheduling anything personal more than a month out.

I have been hearing that they plan to start hiring in August/ September.

Get ready to sit in the right seat of a BeechJet for about 7 or 8 years before you will have enough senority to upgrade.

Plus be ready to move to the Tier 1 city where they want you to live in. ( you can't choose anymore) I think ORD is a Tier 1.

I have also heard they will be looking for low time guys 500+ hours since they would be happy to work for the low wages just to get to fly a jet.

Good Luck

I can't wait to ASAP the first 500tt pilot that need some instructing. But I think that they will need the min 1200tt for 135 min (not that thats better)

I can't wait to ASAP the first 500tt pilot that need some instructing. But I think that they will need the min 1200tt for 135 min (not that thats better)

Uhh... I think that is to serve as pilot in command. Yes...pretty darn sure of it. :p

Latest resources

Back