Options

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Freedom

I'm well aware that we have been profitable for some time. Look at the 50 Million $$ goodwill impairment charge Raytheon took. That speaks volumes as to the health of this company. I know that FLOPs will talk about how dire the situation is here and how they cant afford a raise (even though they would only pay the 1st 5% of a raise, the rest of the raise is built into our owners contracts). Look at NetJets and their record profits, no one with half a brain really thinks NetJets was in the financial trouble they claimed to be when they were in negotiations. I hope the same is true here at FLOPs, I think our pilots are smart enough to see right through managements web of lies.

The choices were and are to leave and look for a company that treated its pilots well or stay and fight. I choose to stay and fight. Now I'm not leaving till we have a CBA or they turn the lights off in CGF.

Thank you for making my case for me.

You would rather let the union force the company into a position where you see them turn off the lights and put everybody out of work rather than step into a management role and attempt to fix what's wrong or find a place to fly that is best suited to your individual desire. And before you give be that typical BS about your efforts building the company etc., I've put just as much effort into my career and got pushed out by two different unions I didn't even belong to out of sheer selfishness and greed of the local MEC and pilots union.

I fixed that problem and NO UNION will ever push me out again.

You would rather let the union force the company into a position where you see them turn off the lights and put everybody out of work rather than step into a management role and attempt to fix what's wrong or find a place to fly that is best suited to your individual desire. And before you give be that typical BS about your efforts building the company etc., I've put just as much effort into my career and got pushed out by two different unions I didn't even belong to out of sheer selfishness and greed of the local MEC and pilots union.

You want to fix what is wrong...........
1. Get the CEO out
2. Get the CFO out
3. Get the PMs out..all of them
4. Get the NJ Falcon 2000 guy (the makes up sign offs).
5. Get rid of the soon to be new (old PM) BJ checkairman that was caught telling a crew to fly a broken plane on tape.
6.Get a chief pilot that has some balls and authority.
7.Give us PSM's that are Captains not copilots with no experience.
8. Clean up the Checkairman Program, There is now only one guy that is worth anything now, the other 2 went to the large cabin fleet.
9. Get rid of the OCC manager
10.Get rid of yourself, your too airline for this business.

I think that about sums it all up

I'm well aware that we have been profitable for some time. Look at the 50 Million $$ goodwill impairment charge Raytheon took. That speaks volumes as to the health of this company. I know that FLOPs will talk about how dire the situation is here and how they cant afford a raise (even though they would only pay the 1st 5% of a raise, the rest of the raise is built into our owners contracts). Look at NetJets and their record profits, no one with half a brain really thinks NetJets was in the financial trouble they claimed to be when they were in negotiations. I hope the same is true here at FLOPs, I think our pilots are smart enough to see right through managements web of lies.

It speaks volumes alright, but not in a language you're fluent in.

The only thing scarier to me than management trying to tell a pilot how to fly an airplane is listening to a pilot talk about corporate finance. There are some exceptions of course, but not here. Stick to the stick and rudder, kid, 'cause your comment makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

You want to fix what is wrong...........
1. Get the CEO out
2. Get the CFO out
3. Get the PMs out..all of them
4. Get the NJ Falcon 2000 guy (the makes up sign offs).
5. Get rid of the soon to be new (old PM) BJ checkairman that was caught telling a crew to fly a broken plane on tape.
6.Get a chief pilot that has some balls and authority.
7.Give us PSM's that are Captains not copilots with no experience.
8. Clean up the Checkairman Program, There is now only one guy that is worth anything now, the other 2 went to the large cabin fleet.
9. Get rid of the OCC manager
10.Get rid of yourself, your too airline for this business.

I think that about sums it all up

All kidding aside now. If there is that much wrong, why wouldn't you go just to an air carrier that had their act together? There is more hiring out there now than there has been in nearly a decade. Union or no union, a CBA isn't going to fix what you describe.

"Keeps me warm at night."

Now I'm not leaving till we have a CBA or they turn the lights off in CGF.
Now that is the spirit! That must be the frame of mind of the pilots or you will never see an end. You must also be willing to live with the possibility of burning the whole thing down. :uzi:
I know I was and so was the majority. Could have gone either way at NJA and regardless, I would be holding my head up high!

Actually Bob (I mean B19)

Just like Bill Boisture over at NetJets, when I and my fellow Pilots bring you and your management team to your knees, just like the NetJets Pilots did, you will be out on your ass within a month, just like Bill Boisture was over at NetJets.

And of course, that is why you, our VP of Flt Ops, are fighting so hard against the Flt Options Pilots. You know when we win, you will be flat out on your ass.

I also like your statement about the two Unions you didn't even belong to. I guess refusing to pay your Dues like all of your other Brothers and Sisters made you feel somewhat superior to them. In reality, it still made you a Scab when you crossed the line, Dues paying member or not.

Reality sucks doesn't it Bob. Eastern Airlines may be dead and buried, but your Union Brothers and Sisters still remember.

Freedom is not Free.

All kidding aside now. If there is that much wrong, why wouldn't you go just to an air carrier that had their act together? There is more hiring out there now than there has been in nearly a decade. Union or no union, a CBA isn't going to fix what you describe.
And that's why it's a perfect time to hold out or STFD. If Options goes away, there are plenty of other options (no pun intended) right now.

such as what is happening right now at Northwest. The safety issues are overwhelming.

And how does hiring unqualified scab mechanics help?

You can tell me all the wonderful things that unions have done for you, and I'll equal them with everything unions have taken away from me as a direct result of their greed.

You're just pissed because you're on a scab list.

This forces the carrier to find other ways to cut and pay for the contract. Usually it goes to the quality of the non-union support workers, maintenance and internal support... In other words, all the things that make each flight safe everyday.

Meanwhile the CEO's accept millions in bonuses.

Admission? Damn right. If you ain't got the nuts to walk in the shoes of management to see what it's like on the other side, don't stand there and throw it out like it's something bad. Those of us that have walked those paths know how hard it is to hit that fine line balancing a CBA with the needs of safety and the financial health of a carrier. Go walk in them... if you dare.

Nuts??? It's easy to sit behind a desk and push productivity metrics at pilots.

It takes courage to walk the tight rope of operating an aircraft safely and legally with the constant underlying pressure of a group of managers who are focused on faulty productivity metrics. And if you don't play ball........... your job is at risk.

Last edited:
I've never been involved with a union that had anything in mind except to pillage the company for every last cent of profit the company has and placed the company at risk of safety and economic hardship.

I've never been involved in a union that had anything in mind except saving the company from bankruptcy, and protecting jobs

I'll be damned if anybody (especially a union) is going to speak for me.

Yet you'll let some CEO with less education and job experience than you cram his sh1tty ideas down your throat, and force you try to sell them to the pilot group. And you, the courageous manager, will do your best to apply lipstick to the pig.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back