Opening Salvo AS vs DL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Bill and Dan,

Throttle back? I'm just hoping for internal growth on the West Coast. I think it is FANTASTIC DL isn't using AK exclusively, and something must be going on if DL places a VP of SEA operations out there. I never slammed AK's service, they have been nice to me on a couple flights too. I know they have a good thing going, I just want DL to expand there to help feed the growing INTL flights.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Alaska needs to put our big boy pants on and do the islands out of LAX and SFO! And go eastbound from the bay and LAX!

I think we are actually shrinking LAX not growing it..The Lax terminal remodel/ move was a strategic error according to some scuttlebutt out of corporate...apparently we cant make money there.....asked about SFO directly to one of the 3 musketeers....very unlikely...we have no traffic for east bound flying.....

I think we are actually shrinking LAX not growing it..The Lax terminal remodel/ move was a strategic error according to some scuttlebutt out of corporate...apparently we cant make money there.....asked about SFO directly to one of the 3 musketeers....very unlikely...we have no traffic for east bound flying.....

Isn't that their job to get the traffic so we can fly it .. God I guess I'll have to fly it AND Get the people .. I want a raise !!!!

Old school... Wait another 4.5 years before we talk about a raise!!

Huh, by then we are talking about a whole different game; all the -400's & -700's are gone, we'll have more CRJ's and those fancy new MRJ's being flown by Skywest or whomever else they've cut a deal with by then!

Hell, we could be wearing a hat and the double breasted donkey suit by then!!!

as far as I know there has never been a scope clause agreed upon outside of a concessionary contract..ie..we are gonna lose it all anyways so we might as well get a scope clause! we haven't been there(yet anyways) so we haven't had the "opportunity" to get a scope clause yet..even with your scope they could add 30 large rj's to the Alaska operation..not exactly great either..

Simply not true. The big legacy carriers started from the point of "we do all the flying" period. Then with each successive concessionary contract cycle they gave up flying and put limits in the contract. Delta and United managed to put that genie back in the bottle a little bit this past round. AA had a scope that in the late 90's limited connections to 50 a/c over 44 seats. They then had a sick out that basically rolled back that scope til what it is today. The difference between Alaska and the other legacies is that the other legacies started from the contractual assumption that there can be NO connection flying, and then periodically gave it away. AS is now starting from the contractual assumption that it can be given away. A subtle but big difference.

Latest resources

Back