• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Opening Salvo AS vs DL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Actually the eas program is needed..can't access any city in SE by road so planes only..can't really do it profitably cause of the loads so what are the options exactly? And guess who owns all of the approaches and facilities? That's right our little Eskimo..ps..q-400 can't go below .3 so no JNU KTN sit all winter..maybe you guys can find a cr9 operator to use to bid against us for the eas contract so "delta" can fly there too! guess your dreams of sit are gonna have to wait!

Throw Horizon Dashes on there (probably closer to actual loads), and contract NAC to do the cargo, and that could save the GOVT tons of cash! AK still makes money from Horizon. That way, tax payers win! Riiight??? Do you have scope protection on your cargo routes in Alaska? Could NAC be used instead of you?

Bye Bye--General Lee

You may be doing all kinds of flying out of ANC, SEA, PDX, and LAX very soon. I hear AS is trying to terminate its code with DAL... Seems someone new came knocking;) Interesting times indeed. I bet RA might try that 747 trick you keep eluding to and put us back in our place. If you hurry and get your app in at Skywest you might be able to do some of all that new 76 seat RJ flying... Must be a new DAL trick similar to the old 747 trick only totally different. With the new rules you will need a type rating in that CR9 before you get to fly right seat in it though

Last edited:
The EXIM program is for poor countries. Sounds like DL could move out of Chisolm, MN if they want too, but that could cost up to 500 jobs in rural MN. What would you do? Sounds like the local tax people would get the money back in tax revenue from those 500 plus people continuing to work. LOL you are getting desperate. Tell me if the EAS program is needed with 734s in AK? Oh, that's right, they may be replaced with Dash-8-400s. That might be more worth it from a GOVT spending standpoint...

Bye Bye---General Lee

So RA has suddenly developed a moral compass? You expect me to believe that he is concerned about the welfare of 500 employees in rural MN. Riiiight.
You didn't comment on my question about last quarters earnings. Did you not pay taxes? Is that something only "poor" companies getto do? Lol.
BTW you are correct about the EAS program. I'm not a big proponent of Government largesse. But it would be hypocritical of me to argue that we operate in a "free market" when every airline benefits some how from government in the airline business. Whether that be from EXIM, EAS, CRAF, US Mail, favorable tax laws or Chapter 11 is irrelevant.

Last edited:
Ummmmm, you don't know AK/NW history, obviously. According to a FNWA Capt I talked to recently, when AK made NWA upset about something in their past code share, NWA would place a 747-200 onto the SEA-ANC route, and then dump the fares. That's all it took. A month or two later AK would come back crying, saying sorry. It's about the fares, not about your mileage numbers. Hello????? McFly???? Nah, just jokin. Have a great one!

Bye Bye---General Lee

Yeah for those of you who don't remember AK/NWA history, AK is the airline that is still in business. Lol.

Oh general..your info is as dated as your uniform..let's see..when was the last 747-200 pax airplane retired..probably about when Alaska relied solely on ANC sea for their profits..you know before all our transcons and being the largest lift to the islands..and etc etc..your right about the fares though..but we can do narrow body flying cheaper than you so I guess position boils down to this..delta is bigger than Alaska and has more "revenue generation" so delta can just dump on all their routes and wait them out..I'm sure your shareholders will just love that strategy! This is the new world..market share at all costs is a thing of the past..alliances and capacity control are the new key words...I'm sure if delta doesn't want our feed maybe someone might be interested in all
Those pax just milling around Seattle..seeing how close our little airport is to Asia and all..

They tried the same maneuver at JFK prior to BK. Flood the market with any jet they can dig up. The end result, a stalemate and JFK became a fully slot controlled airport. That won't be a bad thing for SEA as well.

Yeah for those of you who don't remember AK/NWA history, AK is the airline that is still in business. Lol.

Yeah, because NWA took their 747-200 off the SEA to ANC route. That's one reason.... You sure do LOL a lot.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Oh general..your info is as dated as your uniform..let's see..when was the last 747-200 pax airplane retired..probably about when Alaska relied solely on ANC sea for their profits..you know before all our transcons and being the largest lift to the islands..and etc etc..your right about the fares though..but we can do narrow body flying cheaper than you so I guess position boils down to this..delta is bigger than Alaska and has more "revenue generation" so delta can just dump on all their routes and wait them out..I'm sure your shareholders will just love that strategy! This is the new world..market share at all costs is a thing of the past..alliances and capacity control are the new key words...I'm sure if delta doesn't want our feed maybe someone might be interested in all
Those pax just milling around Seattle..seeing how close our little airport is to Asia and all..

Yeah, and since then your main hub has been invaded, and your North flying that used to be all mainline may be partially replaced by Dash-8-400s. You used to have MD80s doing "Coast Patrol" to places like LGB, BUR, and ONT (from both SEA and PDX). Now SKW CR7s are doing a lot of that, especially from PDX. Your Mexico Ops shrunk when drug violence arose, and your Hawaii Ops is under attack from larger, more efficient Hawaiian A330s with lower CASMs. (They are starting 767 service to Lihue this Summer too to LAX and OAK I believe)

Sooooo, your once impenetrable NW corner of the US and AK flying is being challenged, plus you have zero scope. Try not to get too cocky. You just never know what might happen next. And which other airlines can use your feed in SEA? DL has most of the other gates, and is looking for more. I think the SEA airport likes revenue from INTL flights, and they'll make room for that.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back