Oops!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah Well.....

I figured one for me and one for him, I don't think there is any real danger of any type of enforcement action. I thought this was exactly what nasa forms were for. I can't fill it out yet anyway, cause the little guy hasn't called me back yet. I don't know if he actually landed the wrong runway or if he just screwed up the traffic pattern.

MTpilot said:
I figured one for me and one for him, I don't think there is any real danger of any type of enforcement action. I thought this was exactly what nasa forms were for. I can't fill it out yet anyway, cause the little guy hasn't called me back yet. I don't know if he actually landed the wrong runway or if he just screwed up the traffic pattern.

Is your student Unanswered?

Kinda makes me glad my first cross-country today scrubbed for weather. It was a major-screw-up kinda day. I could feel it coming when I woke up, I was like, "Yep, I am gonna really screw something up today." I guess my pending screw-up transferred to your student instead. I should probably apologise but I am too busy laughing at FN FAL's accusation.

(EDIT: BOHICA = "Bend Over, Here It Comes (Again)")

Last edited:
Sorry about the situation, MTpilot. Solo xc's are risky animals.

I used to always send students on xc's to uncontrolled airports. Not because it was easier or safer, but no tower controllers to write my poor student up and get me in trouble.

I just hoped they wouldn't land downwind, or land with opposing traffic. I made them draw the traffic patterns on their navlog.

I always tell my primary students to tell the Tower, Ground, and Approach that they're a student pilot. We train at an uncontrolled field, so they can get real apprehensive when they have to go into controlled fields and talk to other people. I tell them that typically the controllers will be extra nice to them, and will be happy to help them out if they get confused or need help. Although thats not always 100% true all the time, it does make the student much more likely to use the "student pilot" phrase on callups.

My experience has always been that when a student tells them they're a student pilot, they always get much better treatment, and they'll typically give them very simple instructions and not make it too complicated for them. Kind of like the controller builds in a certain amount of safety margin between my students and other traffic, and also keeps a little closer eye on my student as their navigating the airspace and pattern.

Just my .02

Just so you all know for the future....
Posting a message on a public forum, stating an event, such as a regulation bust, is never a particularly great idea. Members will help for sure; but so will the feds, by potentially using the statement as an admission of guilt.
Just make sure you don't say who you work for, where you fly, and when.:eek:

Assuming you gave and documented all the required ground and flight instruction, endorsed the students logbook properly, and this is the first time this has happened, I'd say you have nothing to worry about. You haven't busted any regs. If your student(s) continue to have mishaps, then I'd worry.

Latest resources

Back