Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
NookyBooky said:
Is your student Unanswered?

MTpilot, I must confess!!! This isn't the entire story. Upon calling the tower for take-off clearance, I was told to "hold short". I thought he said something else so I taxied on the runway and applied full power. The next thing I know is the controller is screaming at me and a baron makes contact with the top of my fuselage and then proceeds to go around. Sorry about that.

Last edited:
Wtf are the feds going to do? Browse this board and say "MTpilot had a student bust a reg, we are going to issue a letter to him". Kind of reminds me of that ATC transmission where someone says on center freq. "Im f**king bored". ATC replies, "identify yourself". Pilot replied, "i said i was f**cking bored, not f**king stupid. Anyhow, I highly doubt they would go through the hassles involved to find out the persons true identity.

UnAnswerd said:
MTpilot, I must confess!!! This isn't the entire story. Upon calling the tower for take-off clearance, I was told to "hold short". I though he said something else so I taxied on the runway and applied full power. The next thing I know is the controller is screaming at me and a baron makes contact with the top of my fuselage and then proceeds to go around. Sorry about that.

Well I hope you didn't abort take off and try your luck with the Friendly Aviators Association. At least you have a good sense of humor unlike most of your higher-time counterparts on this bored. :D

At least you weren't sitting in the tower watching your student screw up.

File the NASA form, it'll prevent any certificate suspension and possibly any revocations. It won't prevent a 709 ride for the CFI, the typical FAA response to a student pilot snafu.

Besides, your student already said he was sorry, and he did just dump his girl, too...

Fly SAFE!
Jedi Nein

Latest resources

Back