Oops!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Student got confused

I sent a student on a cross country upon arrival at his destination he was cleared left traffic for 20, and he landed 02, I havent got the full story but tower was not happy, there was not an accident or anything but some people had to get out of his way. Tower did say they would not be writing him up or anything. (maybe just his CFI) who knows.

On a related note do you have your students tell tower they are students pilots or not?

I did. I insisted that every student while solo inform the appropriate ATC facility that they were a student pilot. But, who knows what they do once they are up there.

MTpilot said:
I sent a student on a cross country upon arrival at his destination he was cleared left traffic for 20, and he landed 02, I havent got the full story but tower was not happy, there was not an accident or anything but some people had to get out of his way. Tower did say they would not be writing him up or anything. (maybe just his CFI) who knows.

On a related note do you have your students tell tower they are students pilots or not?

Are you looking for the form for your student or yourself?

It won't do you any good, I don't think, since you weren't in the airplane. No point in having him fill one out either, because it'd be on you anyways!

Ah, the joys of instructing... :eek:

If the tower threatens to write you up, ask if the controller will be getting his pee-pee smacked too for not keeping abreast of all of the traffic in his pattern.

Latest resources

Back