One List for 9E/XJ/Colgan???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Unfortunately, this is true. :(

Couldn't there be some strong, uh "encouragement" to use the superior management and training folks at Mesaba?

"Gee, we'd love to get those other Saabs on as soon as possible, but darn it if your PMI isn't going to OKC for training for the next couple years."

With previous company operations in type, am I correct in thinking that only validation would be required, instead of proving? Or is there an expiration date on previous experience?

what is the AVERAGE seniority of a capt at Mesaba..... what about pncl?

Median might give you a better feel for it. Average is gonna be skewed by guys that have been there a while vs guys that have been there between 4-5 years. I know our #1 guy at 9E has been here over 30 years, and most of the top of the MEM CA side is way up there, too.

Couldn't there be some strong, uh "encouragement" to use the superior management and training folks at Mesaba?

"Gee, we'd love to get those other Saabs on as soon as possible, but darn it if your PMI isn't going to OKC for training for the next couple years."

Not really. If Colgan were to take on Mesaba's SF340s, their FAA Certificate Management Unit would look at staffing, training, maintenance, dispatch, etc. As long as Colgan were to have satisfactory support in place, their FAA office would have a difficult time NOT allowing additional SF340s.

With previous company operations in type, am I correct in thinking that only validation would be required, instead of proving? Or is there an expiration date on previous experience?

There are some variables that go into this, but the Dash 8s have been out of Mesaba's operation for so long (13 years now?) that proving runs would most likely have to be done. Additionally, although the Q400 is a Dash 8, it's different enough from the previous version Mesaba operated, that it would be similar to adding a brand new type to the certificate.

thanks kellwolf. I would say that average seniority at Colgan for Captain is 5-6 years. We have a few dozen in the 10+ range but nothing like XJ or even Pncl. I think the most senior has been here over 20 years. The majority of the captains here are 05-07 hires. On a side note I heard that the middle 15 Q's have been confirmed from UAL (CAL). So that means 45 Q400 coming to pncl corp/cjc in the next 2-3 years. This place can't handle the little bit of growth that is going to happen this fall let alone 1-2 airplanes a month for the next 2 years. Hang on everyone

thanks kellwolf. I would say that average seniority at Colgan for Captain is 5-6 years. We have a few dozen in the 10+ range but nothing like XJ or even Pncl. I think the most senior has been here over 20 years. The majority of the captains here are 05-07 hires. On a side note I heard that the middle 15 Q's have been confirmed from UAL (CAL). So that means 45 Q400 coming to pncl corp/cjc in the next 2-3 years. This place can't handle the little bit of growth that is going to happen this fall let alone 1-2 airplanes a month for the next 2 years. Hang on everyone

For the most part 05 guys are either still on reserve or junior line holders as CAs. I'm a March 06 hire, and I'm 8 from the bottom in base on the CA side. AFAIK, we don't even have an 07 guys that are CAs anymore. Maybe not any late 06 guys.

For the most part 05 guys are either still on reserve or junior line holders as CAs. I'm a March 06 hire, and I'm 8 from the bottom in base on the CA side. AFAIK, we don't even have an 07 guys that are CAs anymore. Maybe not any late 06 guys.

The most junior CA is summer 06 from when I looked after the last displacement.

My class Aug 06, has a couple of guys who are CA and a couple that got downgraded. This class was the cut off for when the displacement happened.

Median might give you a better feel for it. Average is gonna be skewed by guys that have been there a while vs guys that have been there between 4-5 years. I know our #1 guy at 9E has been here over 30 years, and most of the top of the MEM CA side is way up there, too.

Not to be a stickler for accuracy, but EXA/PNCL hasn't been around 30 years.

Fingers crossed Mesaba will get a new POI & APM out of this. We jump thru way to many hoops to make them happy. Our difference training (900/200) is insane overkill. Bombardier was laughing at the FOTM requirments, when I was up in Montreal. Our CAT II program should of been finished years ago!! Way too much is dictated that has affected our bottom line.

Latest resources

Back