• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

One List for 9E/XJ/Colgan???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Fingers crossed Mesaba will get a new POI & APM out of this. We jump thru way to many hoops to make them happy. Our difference training (900/200) is insane overkill. Bombardier was laughing at the FOTM requirments, when I was up in Montreal. Our CAT II program should of been finished years ago!! Way too much is dictated that has affected our bottom line.

The really ironic thing was I was in the CP office the day before the announcement saying "wouldn't it be nice if we had Pinnacle's POI instead of ours, just think how much easer we could get things done" Not sure if I should regret those words now or not....

Fingers crossed Mesaba will get a new POI & APM out of this. We jump thru way to many hoops to make them happy. Our difference training (900/200) is insane overkill. Bombardier was laughing at the FOTM requirments, when I was up in Montreal. Our CAT II program should of been finished years ago!! Way too much is dictated that has affected our bottom line.

You really think it's the POI and APM who are at fault? What are you basing your decision on? Where are you getting your information? Have you explored the reasons for the CAT II program's delay?

Before you start blindly throwing rocks, you might want to get all available information.

Look at Mesaba's safety record. One could easily argue that a factor in it is the relationshop and programs developed between the POI, APM, and Mesaba Airlines.

If you think that the POI and APM are the reasons the CAT II Program and "the bottom line" aren't where you want them to be, well, you're showing your ignorance.

Easy Kevin! JK

Wait! How did you know that was me?!?!? I'm all anonymous 'n stuff on here, lol...

I think this is the second time on flightinfo that my name has been "published". Is that a record or something? ;)

That was probably me last time too. Ill give you a hint: You know my brother pretty well?

Ahhh, yes. He's a good man. He successfully avoided the mandatory brainwashing when he was hired here. :D

You really think it's the POI and APM who are at fault? What are you basing your decision on? Where are you getting your information? Have you explored the reasons for the CAT II program's delay?

Before you start blindly throwing rocks, you might want to get all available information.

Look at Mesaba's safety record. One could easily argue that a factor in it is the relationshop and programs developed between the POI, APM, and Mesaba Airlines.

If you think that the POI and APM are the reasons the CAT II Program and "the bottom line" aren't where you want them to be, well, you're showing your ignorance.

Kmox, I understand will may not to see eye to eye on the subject. We view it from different perspectives. I am no way stating that they are our demise. I do believe that too much of our operations have been dictacted and catered above and beyond because of their control. I have been privy to the issues that I previously discussed.

Example: Take time to analyze the difference between 9E and XJ's CAT II development. The required steps that each company had/still has to jump thru is a night and day difference. 9E had their program approved in less than a year. XJ has +2 years.

Compare the cost of 200/900 difference training, for 9E and XJ's training program. Also compare it to the recommended program by Bombardier.

Mesaba FOTM requires: 2 days of ground school(16+ hours), 3 hours FTD, 2 four hour sim sessions, 2 legs with a LCA on the actual airplane.

Bombardier recommends: three-day differences training course, all of which can be done in the classroom and in a low end device such as a system trainer. No simulator session or time in the aircraft is required to obtain qualification. In addition, pilot proficiency checks are not mandated to alternate between variants.

Mesaba's footprint is double the size required/recommended by Bombardier

The fiasco of certain APD's that technically weren't current because of a paperwork issue and a TON of pilots had to have their PC's, Orals redone. IMHO Safety was not compromised but the company lost out on that deal.

I have personally seen the issues arise when the FAA threatened not to sign off on a large POM revision because of the type of FONT and color used in sections.

We recently had a consulting group come in that was comprised of former POI's. They did not view the relationship between our company and POI favorably. I welcome you to sit down with "Comander PK" and have a good chat (we both know who he is). Yes he's a gruff old man with opinions, but many of his opinions have validity.

Many of us were hoping that when JR became the DO, we would see a stronger backbone at Mesaba. Unfortunately we still need some ostio-bioflex.

PS I was very happy to see you and CK (always enjoyed flying with him on the SAAB) around our operations. We never flew together but we've crossed paths many times.

respectfully,

PS I was very happy to see you and CK (always enjoyed flying with him on the SAAB) around our operations. We never flew together but we've crossed paths many times.

respectfully,

XJGEAR,

I responded via PM. Too much sensitive information to be posted on a public forum.

Cheers!

Latest resources

Back