Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

On Mondy, B19 will look even more foolish...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Rez...

Its not about all unions...the problem is with corrupt ones who are impotent and have lost sight of whats important to its membership. Its about the ones who ignore the voice of its dues paying members and feed its senior leadership while others suffer. Its about the abuses that create a riff between the worker and management. Its about value and the union you represent is the poster child for what unions should not be.

Take note......history has been made, by union and management.

I think I heard B19 crying the other day. He was something like "Damn you NJASAP!!! You have proved Unions work!!! DAMN YOU!!!!!":nuts:

I totally agree that this is vindication, but I think it will be even sweeter when the measures are exercised by the NJA/I pilots and furloughs are averted. If every pilot/family does a little it will make a huge difference to our newer NJ families.

the reality is many are just too blinded by hatred of unions to see the truths involved. These packages WILL save jobs at NJA. They may save ALL the jobs. Just don't spend any effort worrying about the opinions of the few fine folks here who's opinions most of us don't care about.

If they packages are completely successful - they will not show up to admit they were wrong

If at least one pilot is furloughed however - they will set a speed record to post how they were right

They continually apply the failed templates from other organizations to netjets and no surprise - continue to be wrong. haven't we seen over the years...

- the fractional model is flawed. it won't last. sorry, 20+ years and still going strong

- the market won't support a wage increase. that was said in 2003/4. wrong again

- netjets can't afford IBB, it will bankrupt them. 2008 was on course to be a record year for profits until the economy tanked. IBB had nothing to do with that

The point is, NJA has a history of doing things their own way and trying not to repeat the mistakes of others. The union (made up of 3000 pilots from other less successful groups) have also decided not to repeat the mistakes made before.

so far, that relationship has been very effective for both sides. I even hear the company pays to have a steward in CMH 24/7 - not the union. that's just whacky.............

This is massively expensive for Netjets

I totally agree that this is vindication, but I think it will be even sweeter when the measures are exercised by the NJA/I pilots and furloughs are averted. If every pilot/family does a little it will make a huge difference to our newer NJ families.

NJW, a job loss is a job loss. I don't care what you want to call it. If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck it's a duck. In this case, it looks to me like people are losing their jobs.

You've never cared about families before, I don't expect you to begin now. Your famous quote about how somebody invests in their career shows the lack of character that you have always portrayed:
http://forums.flightinfo.com/showpost.php?p=1527412&postcount=101

You crawled out of whatever slimy hole you have been hiding in to spin this as a job loss being a good thing. It's not, it's horrible for everybody. Admit it, say it and believe the reality.

This is massively expensive for Netjets and I view it as a smokescreen to make the best out of a very bad situation.

The industry leading contract supported by you caused this in conjuction with the economy. Lots of people are losing their jobs and liveihood, and you only seem to care about what a great working relationship it was and what you are going to get out of it. Nothing about how incredibly expensive this is for your husband's employer.

People are losing their jobs. That sucks. I don't care how big the buyout is, it's all Netjets that has given up the cash, I don't see a single concession the union gave up to accomplish this.

The contract was too expensive, the company couldn't afford it and this is nothing more than the union acting as a squirrel being a rat with a great PR agent.

I don't care how you pretty you make it look, what color you dress it up, the reality is that the industry leading contract failed and lots of people will be hurt and unemployed as a result. YOU said it couldn't happen... you can eat those words now because it did and it is. It's only the beginning.

http://forums.flightinfo.com/showpost.php?p=1801189&postcount=1

Good post, SR74! Funny, Gunfyter! You have a knack for being able to sum up the situation with an economy of words. Though in this predictable case it wasn't even necessary to read the Union-hater's worn out copy..and paste...er..post. Thanks for the cliff notes...:p

Last edited:
b19 ill accept your surrender. No furloughs, no cuts, everything is voluntary.

maybe it's best if you just read for a while and not post anything.

just accept that the union and the company get along nd work through the problems and come out with something that is new SAVES JOBS.

Show some respect for what we did, learn from it.

Dont bother to reply, it is futile. This IS real and it is happening RIGHT NOW. Netjets set a precedence yesterday.

I accept your surrender.

Last edited:
If a company overhires ... because their magic 8-ball couldn't predict the future ...

Its the unions fault?

OK thanks got it ....

Next....

in some small minded brains it's entirely appropriate for a company to both hire too much and then be able to destroy lives with furloughs just as easily. damn those unions for not rewarding such lazy thinking. There is no doubt NJA is overstaffed for current demand. The CBA has nothing to do with current demand. Nevertheless, NJA has not forced one pilot on the street nor shown one non-union person the door either. Interesting though, why haven't they furloughed the non-union employees? That's probably NJASAP's fault as well. Ahhh, it's unfortunate. Some just simply can't understand the concept of teamwork and the idea that employees are an asset to be valued, not just $hit-canned cause times turn tough.

Latest resources

Back