Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

On Mondy, B19 will look even more foolish...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks for the update, CA1900. I'll be sure to hold my nose...:D

GF, great observation! On both counts.

Definitely! And it's easy to see how much they value team work. I'm sure our Steelers fan agrees...;)

Great package but I'm beginning to wonder how many will take the early out (at least on the I side). I hope: a lot. I think: not so many.

There are a few folks over here that I hope will decide favorably if you catch my drift.

Great package but I'm beginning to wonder how many will take the early out (at least on the I side). I hope: a lot. I think: not so many.

I agree completely... it looks like a completely awesome package that some super senior guy with 30 years+ at an airline would take full advantage of...maybe even in this economy. I don't see it being taken advantage of by many at NJ.
I will eat crow it the actual results show otherwise, but I highly doubt it.
Good work though

I think a small amount will take the buyout, mainly:
-those who were waiting to retire until this came out
-those who were planning to retire in the next # years
-those who just want out of the flying business
-those at the bottom of the list who think being furloughed would be worse

my uneducated guess: 40 from NJI and 60 from NJA.

Keep in mind "the package" involves a lot more than just the early-retirement buyout. I think you'll be surprised just how many of us take advantage of one or more items in it.

Exactly! Especially, when you consider the solidarity of NJASAP. There are plenty of ways for those in the middle of the pack to help out. My family has already spotted some things we can do. Furthermore, some of the offers will be open to other employee groups, too.

I agree with you, CA1900, that the naysayers will be surprised at the participation. Shall we go catch some crows...:)

Latest resources

Back