On demand freight dogs.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hi!

Just finished Taco Palenque. Have had 5 trips in 4 days. During the slower times, like now, USA Jet puts a bunch of guys through all the myriad of groundschools required. The guys left on the board fly a lot. We have 3 planes flying out of LRD tonight.

cliff
LRD

We were down in LRD for sitting for a week back in Jan and saw you guys there.... we should have had a Taco Palenque party.

one year is busy one year is fast the next is slow, its that type of job.

Actually the last 3 years I've been flying ondemand I can look back at my monthly totals and they're always within just a few hours of each other for any particular month. Of coarse that doesn't mean I make as much because there may be more or less back hauls, or the only freight moving is small and light so I end up flying the 310 alot more than the Bandit so I make less that way too.

January I almost exclusively flew the 310/402, February has mostly been the Bandit.

I sat most of December. January was stagnant, now here in February its picking up a lot from us. Save up fro the summer to get through the winter.

I sat most of December. January was stagnant, now here in February its picking up a lot from us. Save up fro the summer to get through the winter.

Definitely! That's one of the first things I tell any of the new guys that hire in. You'll fly your but off from June til November so you can eat come January and February. I try to always carry about 3 months average pay in the Bank, that way when it's slow I don't even feel it. It also gives me more options if I decide to start looking for another job.

aji has been hit or miss. i flew everyday last rotaton, this one sitting around a bunch. word on the street is that ccy is close to going belly up.

I wish someone told me that i was about to lose my job!?!

Its been slow since December just like everyone else. Thought we were going to loose our Learjet fleet, but they solved the jump seat issue BS. Finally got a Lear Check Airman again so we can get some more Captains.

Cherry Air is like that annoying weed that just keeps coming back. Its never gonna go away. If we made it through that engine overhaul BS a year ago, we can probably make it through the slow times just fine. Then again, that's just my .02c? I have seen it all though, for real.

I wish someone told me that i was about to lose my job!?!

Its been slow since December just like everyone else. Thought we were going to loose our Learjet fleet, but they solved the jump seat issue BS. Finally got a Lear Check Airman again so we can get some more Captains.

Cherry Air is like that annoying weed that just keeps coming back. Its never gonna go away. If we made it through that engine overhaul BS a year ago, we can probably make it through the slow times just fine. Then again, that's just my .02c? I have seen it all though, for real.

How'd your interview go? When will you find out? It's kinda different to know I'll never fly a Cherry Falcon again...

Must be nice man! Cancelled the ATI but went to another one in town. It went good and have a job offer. Not 100% sure if I'm gonna take it yet. Trying to see what materializes in the next month before my contracts up. Congrats on the new job. I wish you the best of luck flying those MD11's. Keep in touch.

Latest resources

Back